It's way to quiet in here

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Either we're all waiting for our Pro's to come or we're using them to the extent that there's no time in the day to post here...

What's up people?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, what is there to talk about? Its a bigger iPad. In terms of features, its not really all that different than what we have available currently. The real changes come in how its being used, and maybe of course with the pencil and/or keyboard.

Im really on the fence about keeping mine. I like it, but Im just not sure I like it enough to drop $1k on it.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, what is there to talk about? Its a bigger iPad. In terms of features, its not really all that different than what we have available currently. The real changes come in how its being used, and maybe of course with the pencil and/or keyboard.

Im really on the fence about keeping mine. I like it, but Im just not sure I like it enough to drop $1k on it.

I understand that, no sense forcing it to fit a need that isn't really there.

As for the cost, the 128gb LTE I got from T-Mobile cost me $199.99 down and $36/month. Very affordable for such an amazing device.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I understand that, no sense forcing it to fit a need that isn't really there.

As for the cost, the 128gb LTE I got from T-Mobile cost me $199.99 down and $36/month. Very affordable for such an amazing device.

Same thing here, cost me 0 up front and 44 a month through Verizon. The fact that I paid zero up front is the only reason I am still considering it and trying to figure out if there is a place for it in my collection.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Got my pencil delivered today. Now just waiting on the keyboard cover. Still processing even though they were both ordered in the same order.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I am so blown away by the display and its quality. Not only is it big (thanks, captain obvious), but it's such a wonderful feat of engineering. It really stands out in comparison with my Air (and the Air used to be disordered as a reference device for many comparison tests). I know that this is entirely subjective, but I feel the screen is the real winner here. In addition, the speakers do make a difference - they're very loud. The biggest surprise? The weight - it does not feel heavy at all, given its size.

Cheers.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I am so blown away by the display and its quality. Not only is it big (thanks, captain obvious), but it's such a wonderful feat of engineering. It really stands out in comparison with my Air (and the Air used to be disordered as a reference device for many comparison tests). I know that this is entirely subjective, but I feel the screen is the real winner here. In addition, the speakers do make a difference - they're very loud. The biggest surprise? The weight - it does not feel heavy at all, given its size.

Cheers.

I'm right there with you, I absolutely love the feel of this thing, the screen size makes it truly functional & that much more enjoyable whether it's posting on here, watching YouTube or Netflix, reading/responding to email messages, browsing the web, organizing my files in Dropbox, updating my tasks in ToDoist, referencing information in Evernote, reading/replying to text/sms messages, etc.

Nothing feels cramped, awkward, out of place or unusable.

I'm using the onscreen keyboard & am very comfortable with it, as I suspected I would be.

I'm finding myself mostly in landscape mode while sitting, but while up & about portrait seems to work better for me.

More to come 🖖

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
If you're the kind of person who takes one look at the screen and shrugs, then this isn't for you. Heck, I'm excited everytime I turn this thing on. Or slip on the Apple watch. You just have to be into tech I suppose. My wife, for example, hasn't even used either and wonders why I bothered.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having so much fun with this iPad pro. a lot of people been giving me grief because of the size but this was a good investment. now I just wish I had the pencil and the keyboard case to make it a laptop.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here, cost me 0 up front and 44 a month through Verizon. The fact that I paid zero up front is the only reason I am still considering it and trying to figure out if there is a place for it in my collection.

Just curious if you found "a place for it in your collection"?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up the pro a couple days ago. I got a black Friday deal on a surface pro 3 and wanted to compare the two. I can tell you the surface is going back tomorrow. The only thing I liked better on the surface was the kickstand. I'm in sales and either device needed to be my device on the go that I could upload documents, show photos and pdfs and have people signe a pdf contract on the device. The ipad pro I had everything set up and going with my workflow in two hours. I still didn't have the surface fully set up to sign my contracts properly with going in and out of a couple apps. The quality of apps with the ipad was the the deciding factor. Yes it doens't have a true file storeage but with dropbox or icloud I don't really miss much. The battery last more than twice as long than the surface. I really wasn't expecting to keep the pro when I bought it. I didn't think it would work in my daily flow but I've been truly blown away. I can see why people would not like it. It's a big device and very pricey. I think if people give it a chance and get it set up the way they like it they will be impressed. I'm also using the logitech create case with my apple bluetooth keyboard. I didn't want to make the device too bulky so it was a perfect fit.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if you found "a place for it in your collection"?

Yes, I did. It actually gets used MORE than my Air 2 did. The larger screen makes working on it easier. It is wonderful for online meetings, and I can keep my laptop free so I can work while the meeting is going on. The couple games I play are very nice on that large screen as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW