How can I fix an iPad Pro wifi connection problem?

Wibawoba

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
iPad Pro - wifi connection problem

I've just excitedly got home with my iPad pro but cannot get it to connect to wifi. It won't get past the wifi setup screen and gives me messages saying that my network is not connected to the Internet.

This is not correct as all my other devices, including iPads and iPhones, are still connected via my bthomehub4. I've also checked the passwords, and rebooted both the router and iPad pro to no avail.

Can anyone help me? Or have I just got a dud?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad Pro - wifi connection problem

Welcome to iMore! Try resetting network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and then hard reset your iPad by holding down the power and home buttons simultaneously until your see the Apple boot logo. You can always connect to iTunes and run a restore just in case it's a problem with your iOS installation.

Let us know if you're still experiencing issues!

otto_cheung

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

I also have the same case. It won't get past the wifi setup screen and show the messages saying that my network is not connected to the Internet.my ipad2, ipad mini 3 & iphone6 plus can connect this wifi network. i reset the the iad pro & router , it still have the same result.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

This appears to be a software glitch. Honestly, I would attempt restoring the iPad with the new OS image via iTunes; historically, I have been able to eradicate all of the issues by running this tough process. So for now, bypass the wifi (use it without connecting, if it allows you to do so), and restore the OS.

Cheers!

otto_cheung

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

i restore the ipad pro with new os image via itunes. nothing to change. still can't connect the networks.

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Very happy with my new iPad Pro and iPhone 6plus. I was forced to change both at the same time because the old ones were stolen (sigh!).
I have updated IOS etc and also done the hard resets, but none of the two units are able to remain connected to my home WiFi for more than 30 to 45 seconds. Same goes for an older iPad mini, also upgraded to latest software revision.
My MacBook (Capitain 10.11.2) goes on-line and remains on-line with no issues.
Anyone got an idea, please??

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Peter

drojas4

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes it helps to also reset the cable modem, unplug it, make sure it does not have a battery back up, if so pull the battery out and unplug the power cord, wait a few seconds then plug back and insert battery if there was one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh