Here is why I didn't buy the iPad Pro

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but if you touch an iPad air and iPad pro with the same amount of pressure, you will see the difference, you need more pressure on the iPad air to get the spots .. btw I didn't get any spots on my iPhone 6s plus even with too much pressure

Honestly, I think plain physics might apply here. See, with the phone in question the surface area of the screen is more rigid due to its more compact size as a molecular structure; in the iPad's case, its screen is larger, therefore allowing for more bending when applying (roughly) the same amount of pressure. I would call it a natural phenomenon, nothing to worry about.

With regards to your video, I would still have to go with my observations. On top of that, my 2yo slaps the screens of iPads from time time (frustration, or whatever) and I see them equally impacted - they both expose those dark areas. I can assure you, those are perfectly normal. Lastly, with different manufacturers (Foxconn and Sharp - I think) natural variance (slightly pronounced) is perfectly acceptable even by Apple standards. After all, there will never be two units that are literally the same.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
If you think about it, 3D force touch wouldn't really be "practical" for lack of a better word on the iPad pro. Since the harder you press down with the pencil the darker and thicker the line you get. This could really be messed up with the 3D Touch feature.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but if you touch an iPad air and iPad pro with the same amount of pressure, you will see the difference, you need more pressure on the iPad air to get the spots .. btw I didn't get any spots on my iPhone 6s plus even with too much pressure

there is no difference between what you're doing on the Pro and the Air 2 Not the Air. The Air the glass ( if you can call it glass) isn't glued onto the digitizer like how the iPad Pro, iPhones since the iPhone 4 and the iPad Air 2 is. The Air 2 has this issue and yes the iPhone 6, 6s, 6Plus and 6S plus has this issue if you decide to put a lot of pressure on the phone. I have tried it myself on my own iPhone 6 Plus. Granted I have not tried it on the 6S models since I don't own one nor seen one yet in person other then 30 secs of looking at one in a Costco. As I said it is an issue that is with LCD screens itself..... You will get the ripple effect something like that if you decide to touch the screen itself or something like that where you put enough pressure on the glass or plastic to make it happen.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I think plain physics might apply here. See, with the phone in question the surface area of the screen is more rigid due to its more compact size as a molecular structure; in the iPad's case, its screen is larger, therefore allowing for more bending when applying (roughly) the same amount of pressure. I would call it a natural phenomenon, nothing to worry about.

With regards to your video, I would still have to go with my observations. On top of that, my 2yo slaps the screens of iPads from time time (frustration, or whatever) and I see them equally impacted - they both expose those dark areas. I can assure you, those are perfectly normal. Lastly, with different manufacturers (Foxconn and Sharp - I think) natural variance (slightly pronounced) is perfectly acceptable even by Apple standards. After all, there will never be two units that are literally the same.

Cheers!

+1

With the phones you have less surface area so it is harder to do but IF you push down hard enough the same thing will happen. As I said if you hate that then devices with LCD technology isn't for you :)

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Is this post for real, or some kind of a joke or debate starter? My 12" MacBook will do the same thing if I apply enough pressure, my GFs iPad Air does it with enough pressure (30 seconds later) even my iPhone 6s does it (albeit not as pronounced) with hard enough pressure.

This is either a troll post or just someone who doesn't know their tech....

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I think the Apple Pencil senses the pressure to make thicker lines. The iPad Pro doesn't do pressure sensitivity - yet.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the Apple Pencil senses the pressure to make thicker lines. The iPad Pro doesn't do pressure sensitivity - yet.

As a side note, an interesting video - comparison between the Pro and Surface Pro (no, I am not trying to trigger flame wars).

Cheers!

Last edited:

Jeff Hubert

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't be nasty to this newbie. Not everyone is aware of the characteristics of LCD technology. Every LCD panel will do that if pressed hard enough. LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display. What you are seeing is the deformation of the Liquid Crystals in the display when you push on it hard. Solution? DON'T PUSH ON IT.

Lets move on.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. You are pressing too hard!
This is why the old instructions of hit/strike/etc. any key to continue are bad.
Some depress the keys like king kong. It's called touch for a reason!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2