• YES

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Now that the iPad Pro is available to order - and I can't stop checking the specs, adding them to my shopping cart... fighting the temptation.... ughhhh!

Question: Are you buying the iPad Pro? Yes or no? And why?

Vote in the poll - and tell us why you feel the way you do below!

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Additional screen size makes this more of a content creating device vs a content consuming device. I think this bridges the gap between the two nicely. Not a fan of a $170 keyboard or a $100 stylus, but we'll see if I end up picking up either of those as I start using the pro.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
going to wait a bit... maybe play with one at the Apple Store... just got 6S Plus, A-TV 4th gen and Apple Watch... I got to ease off on the Apple buying spree... ;)

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
going to wait a bit... maybe play with one at the Apple Store... just got 6S Plus, A-TV 4th gen and Apple Watch... I got to ease off on the Apple buying spree... ;)

My purchase list looks exactly the same. Still, I ordered my iPad Pro this morning. This will be my last Apple device purchase until the next iPhone.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Apple... not interested in this one. Too big, too expensive and not a device I need (or really want) in any way. A bigger version of a device that's just a bigger iPhone (we all can agree despite early issues with calling the iPad simply a "bigger iPhone" -- that's exactly what it is...). We'll see what this device becomes, but for now I'll pass.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
$1049 in Canada? Plus $129 and $229 for the pencil and keyboard respectively. That is $1,589 after taxes for an iPad. My macbook pro retina didn't even cost that much last year. Its for some people, but not for me at that price. I'll pass on this one.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It's certainly a beautiful device, but I have no need for one, and the price for me is too high for a "want."

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
negative Star Command. 9" tablet is "just right" for me and regardless I don't think there is anything out yet that the original iPad Air can't handle.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
$1049 in Canada? Plus $129 and $229 for the pencil and keyboard respectively. That is $1,589 after taxes for an iPad. My macbook pro retina didn't even cost that much last year. Its for some people, but not for me at that price. I'll pass on this one.

The purchase has made a HUGE dent in my wallet, that's for sure (I opted for the LTE model with full array of accessories); you certainly make a point (the USD-to-CAD price disparity is very substantial these days). That being said, I have always found iPads to be a very good investment. They last very long (I still have a fully functional iPad 2 with cracked screen that seems not be hampered by the damage), and the battery life is insanely good.

Cheers!

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The purchase has made a HUGE dent in my wallet, that's for sure (I opted for the LTE model with full array of accessories); you certainly make a point (the USD-to-CAD price disparity is very substantial these days). That being said, I have always found iPads to be a very good investment. They last very long (I still have a fully functional iPad 2 with cracked screen that seems not be hampered by the damage), and the battery life is insanely good.

Cheers!

I agree that they are a good investment-at the right price; this is completely subjective. And I agree that they last long as many Apple products do. It may just come down to personal preference but if I was going to spend $1,589 in an Apple store it would be on a Macbook. The Canadian prices for this is way too high and this is not Apple's fault. It just kinda sucks because this would be a must-have for me if the price was right and at the moment it isn't. Its just unbelievable that I paid less for my Retina Macbook Pro.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine through Verizon yesterday and will retire my older MacBook Pro as a music server for my home theatre. Hopefully, I'll be able to make the transition for using the bigger Pro as my go to device. We will see.

Al

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The iPad Pro is a REALLY cool device, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on something by not having it. So it's a "NO" for the time being. My 6s Plus and MacBook Pro have everything covered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73