Smart Keyboard stopped working

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been chatting with Apple about this since Feb. 20, the keyboard has been losing functionality until it completely stopped today.

It seems Apple quietly discontinued this for the 9.7 iPad Pro so there’s no replacing it. Today the phone support senior advisor suggested buying a new iPad 🙄

I don’t want a Bluetooth keyboard because I’ve had too many problems with them in the past and the Logitech Create is too heavy for me so I think I’m out of good options...

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That is a great help! Thank you so much. Amazon just had one left and they were charging $184. And with Amazon you can’t even be sure it’s an Apple product.

The Walmart deal is perfect! The Smart Keyboard is so thin and light, I really love it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been chatting with Apple about this since Feb. 20, the keyboard has been losing functionality until it completely stopped today.

It seems Apple quietly discontinued this for the 9.7 iPad Pro so there’s no replacing it. Today the phone support senior advisor suggested buying a new iPad

I don’t want a Bluetooth keyboard because I’ve had too many problems with them in the past and the Logitech Create is too heavy for me so I think I’m out of good options...

What about using the onscreen keyboard?

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What about using the onscreen keyboard?

I can use the onscreen keyboard for very short writing, but for anything lengthy, it’s much more time-consuming and it takes up too much of the screen.

I think I may buy a new iPad. I’ll see what comes out today.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can use the onscreen keyboard for very short writing, but for anything lengthy, it’s much more time-consuming and it takes up too much of the screen.

I think I may buy a new iPad. I’ll see what comes out today.

How would buying a new iPad fix the problem? I mean, unless I misread your post, the problem is with the Smart Keyboard and the fact that you don't want to buy a bluetooth keyboard. Wouldn't you still be in the same dilemma?

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How would buying a new iPad fix the problem? I mean, unless I misread your post, the problem is with the Smart Keyboard and the fact that you don't want to buy a bluetooth keyboard. Wouldn't you still be in the same dilemma?

The AppleInsider article I linked to says this is an issue with the iPad Pro 9.7.