Does pencil scratch iPad Pro?

DebbieBugezia

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Loved the 10.5 iPad Pro review. Bought mine Tuesday with a pencil--so excited! Now finding comments multiple places that pencil scratches the glass screen. What's your experience & recommendations for screen protectors?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Pencil should not scratch your iPad Pro unless you’re somehow pressing it as if you’re trying to etch something in stone.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Definitely go with a tempered glass screen protector. You can hardly tell it's there, and you don't need to worry about scratches to your screen. The pencil itself will not scratch your screen, however, if you have the smallest piece of dirt/sand/metal etc. on your screen and roll your pen over it, it will scratch.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
@DebbieBugezia you can rest assured, the Apple Pencil should never scratch your iPad Pro 😃 Obviously if you are using the pencil as a chisel instead of a paint brush then you might create indentations in the glass but it should never scratch it. Hope this can relieve some of your concerns.

If it does scratch for whatever reason, I'm sure you will get a replacement for free 😃 Just make sure the screen is clean when using the pencil.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Does the glass screen protector have any negative affect on the Apple Pencil's sensitivity/accuracy on the screen after it's applied?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my Apple Pencil since it launched on my iPad Pro with no screen protector and have not had any scratching issues. And I use my iPad Pro for photo editing and designing custom audio/video installations.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my Apple Pencil since it launched on my iPad Pro with no screen protector and have not had any scratching issues. And I use my iPad Pro for photo editing and designing custom audio/video installations.

Same here, no issues so far.

DeeAnnCA

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
@DebbieBugezia you can rest assured, the Apple Pencil should never scratch your iPad Pro ������ Obviously if you are using the pencil as a chisel instead of a paint brush then you might create indentations in the glass but it should never scratch it. Hope this can relieve some of your concerns.

If it does scratch for whatever reason, I'm sure you will get a replacement for free ������ Just make sure the screen is clean when using the pencil.

You cannot put indentations in glass. It is a brittle material and will not deform plastically like metals.

Further, BOTH screen and Pen point need to be clean...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods