I am shocked.. but not surprised!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Having had the iPad Pro 9.7 for awhile now. I am very happy with it. I don't need to go into all the details but it is an amazing device and I could not be happier.

I did buy the pencil and I don't use it, but that is on me, not the pencil. It works great but I just didn't need it.

Now Apple has come out with the New iPad 2017 starting at $329 That is incredible. I played with one of the new ones and read and watched many reviews and I am shocked at how good the new one is and how overpriced the Pro is. I understand for some graphic designers and select other people they will still need and want the Pro, but for 99% of the world the New 2017 iPad is MORE than enough.

With tablet sales dwindling I am not surprised that Apple mad the prudent business move and released something that will sell! So that is why I am both shocked and not surprised by the new iPad.

I love my Pro and will keep it and I use it everyday. I might even try to find my pencil and fire it up and try it again.

Kudos for Apple to keep changing with the times!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking at the new iPad (128gb Wifi+Cellular $559) as well. I might just have to pull the trigger.
BestBuy currently has a sale with $100 off making it $459 at the time of this post.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'm part of that 1%. As an audio / video integrator I have my Pro loaded with design apps for design and integration of audio / video / lighting projects, and I use the Apple Pencil which makes it a lot easier.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
The key is don't pay retail price, plenty of bargains around, i got my new sealed iPad pro 9.7 for $370 below Apple price.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'm part of that 1%. As an audio / video integrator I have my Pro loaded with design apps for design and integration of audio / video / lighting projects, and I use the Apple Pencil which makes it a lot easier.

For someone like you the Pro is the way to go. I guess you are a 1%'er.... LOL

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't agree more with this post. I LOVE my 12.9" iPad Pro but it wasn't cheap, especially for the cellular model. While the new iPad doesn't totally fulfill my needs it's more than enough tablet for the general population. At that price point it's a great buy. We're considering getting one for my son who is using a very quickly aging first gen Mini.

Cowy123

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Hey I planned to buy the iPad but im strugglin between the pro one or the normal one, im gonna use it for working for openning common document such as .xls .doc .pdf (im not a designner) do you think i should go witht he pro or the normal one? which one is worth?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2