9.7 Apple Smart Keyboard Out of Stock?

Mike Majeski

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Been having trouble finding the Apple Smart Keyboard in stock at the usual places. Amazon doesn't sell it (officially) anymore and Best Buy no longer lists it in stores. Went as far as checking Verizon and they list it as out of stock.

I assume this has something to do with the rumored new 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Just sucks for those of us who recently bought the 9.7 Pro - since we can't seem to buy one of the main selling points of the device.

Hopefully whatever Keyboard works with the 10.5 Pro is backwards compatible with the 9.7 Pro, but I'm not betting on that.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Been having trouble finding the Apple Smart Keyboard in stock at the usual places. Amazon doesn't sell it (officially) anymore and Best Buy no longer lists it in stores. Went as far as checking Verizon and they list it as out of stock.

I assume this has something to do with the rumored new 10.5 inch iPad Pro. Just sucks for those of us who recently bought the 9.7 Pro - since we can't seem to buy one of the main selling points of the device.

Hopefully whatever Keyboard works with the 10.5 Pro is backwards compatible with the 9.7 Pro, but I'm not betting on that.

Doing a quick search, I found some "official Apple" ones on eBay if you wanted to go that route.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I just checked the Apple Store app and the aforementioned Smart Keyboard is readily available in my area.

Mike Majeski

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to check and see about my local Apple Store. Still strange that everywhere else is out of stock though. I may wait and see if anything new is announced at WWDC first. Hate to spend $150, only to have a Gen 2 come out (provided it even works with the 9.7) and miss out on new features or a better design.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to check and see about my local Apple Store. Still strange that everywhere else is out of stock though. I may wait and see if anything new is announced at WWDC first. Hate to spend $150, only to have a Gen 2 come out (provided it even works with the 9.7) and miss out on new features or a better design.

What do you mean "everywhere else is out of stock"? What other retailer have you checked? Also, if a nearby Apple Store has them in stock, and you really want them, go and get them or have them shipped to your home.

Mike Majeski

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Target, Best Buy, Verizon - those were all out of stock. Which had me wondering (since we're two weeks away from WWDC) whether that meant something new was coming soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro