Do any writers use a iPad Pro with Pencil???

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Are there many writers using an iPad Pro with Pencil and Keyboard? I like to write at times on paper. It seems to get a different area of my brain moving. So I was thinking of buying the 9.7 Pro and buying a writing to text app. Thoughts?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't use the keyboard because for me the whole point of a tablet is to do away with the keyboard.
I do love the pencil and I use it all the time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Writing with the Pencil is effortless, in my opinion, and if it "seems to get a different area of [your] brain moving", then go for it. Unfortunately, I don't write with it enough on my iPad Pro. I mean, I use my iPhone for most of my computing/smart device needs. The Apple Smart Keyboard is very nice and the onscreen keyboard is awesome, however, I'm more to make mistakes typing than I do writing. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
As an academic, writing is a key part of my work and I do like writing with my iPad, but I just use the keyboard not the pencil. I do LOVE the Apple keyboard. It feels great and autocorrect is a real time saver.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you everyone for all the input. I am going to order a pro since a couple of the apps (programs) I use now have IOS versions. I've said on another thread that I now need to determine whether to get the 9.7 or 12.9.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for all the input. I am going to order a pro since a couple of the apps (programs) I use now have IOS versions. I've said on another thread that I now need to determine whether to get the 9.7 or 12.9.

On behalf of those who replied, you're very welcome, and best of luck to you with respect to your new iPad Pro. Take care...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77