I blame myself not apple :(

techlife95

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I can't believe this happened today to my ipad pro 9.7. I had the ipad pro in my Adidas string bag and I did have chargers and external batterys in there too. I assume those objects hit the ipad screen somehow. I just can't comprehend how the ipad screen cracked so easily. The ipad was in the case with the screen protector and the screen still shattered :( The reason this crap happens is because apple does not use durable glass on their devices like Gorilla Glass on android phones. I am just really fed up with Apple right now :mad:

Here are pictures and this is the case I use FYI.

20170309_213749.jpg

20170309_221647.jpg

20170309_213738.jpg

20170309_213717.jpg

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why Apple why?!

Ouch, generally the case manufacturer would have some sort of warranty some what.... too?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

That looks like a pretty serious impact point. I doubt that was from a charger bumping into the screen or that it is somehow Apple's fault.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I can't believe this happened today to my ipad pro 9.7. I had the ipad pro in my Adidas string bag and I did have chargers and external batterys in there too. I assume those objects hit the ipad screen somehow. I just can't comprehend how the ipad screen cracked so easily. The ipad was in the case with the screen protector and the screen still shattered :( The reason this crap happens is because apple does not use durable glass on their devices like Gorilla Glass on android phones. I am just really fed up with Apple right now :mad:

Here are pictures and this is the case I use FYI.

View attachment 116894

View attachment 116895

View attachment 116896

View attachment 116897

Come on, now. It's one thing to be upset that your decision to place blunt objects in the same compartment as your iPad Pro caused the screen of your iPad Pro to be damaged, and it's another thing to blame Apple or any other company for the damages "you" caused. You knew in advance of buying the iPad Pro that it was not made with Gorilla Glass. Take responsibility for your actions. After that, make preparations to get the screen fixed and then try not to make the same mistake.

techlife95

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I changed the title happy people? I'm getting Ipad repaired at my local Mall. What can I do to prevent this from happening again? I'm really concerned about this. This goes to show how fragile the ipad screen is :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I changed the title happy people? I'm getting Ipad repaired at my local Mall. What can I do to prevent this from happening again? I'm really concerned about this. This goes to show how fragile the ipad screen is :(

You didn't have to change the title of this thread. Nobody's faulting you for being upset. Heck, I'd be upset, too, but I wouldn't blame Apple for something I caused. How do you prevent it from happening again? Know that it is universally known that glass can crack, shatter, break, as well as be scratched, and therefore, keep anything that could cause glass to damage from having contact with it. Put your iPad Pro in one compartment and other items in a different compartment opposite the screen.

Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and an "addidas string bag" likely has no (or minimal) structural support in the bag itself (compared to a regular backpack). The items are likely to move around freely and not have much (if any) protection. You might want to change to a different bag, as well.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use A 360° iPad case that I buy on Amazon. And then before I stick it in my messenger bag I put the iPad in to a neoprene case and then put it into the messenger bag. The neoprene case is very padded so my iPad is well protected.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Regardless if it's normal, tempered, gorilla, etc., it's all glass and will break. Just get a bag that has a pocket just for the iPad and you'll be ok.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Here are some pictures of my "tech bag", which shows my iPad in it's case and inserted into a neoprene sleeve (found here on amazon)

I keep my charging cubes and cords in a separate case too.

IMG_9801.JPG
IMG_9802.JPG

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That's a pretty serious impact point. I find it hard to believe your items were just resting in your bag and your charger bumped your iPad. Something more had to have happened to cause that. Especially considering it was in a case. There had to have been more force applied somehow.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a huge anker external battery in the bag so yeah I believe the battery hit the screen somehow

That piece of honest information would have been helpful from the start rather than deflecting the blame to Apple by stating "The reason this crap happens is because apple does not use durable glass on their devices".

A sturdy case will definitely help but keeping other heavy objects secure in whatever bag you use will also help avoid this kind of damage in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods