iPad pro battery life

Ashraf Ilman

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It really depends on your usage, the screen brightness level etc. My iPad usually makes it above the 10-hour mark, sometimes more than 15 hours of usage (and hundreds of hours of Standby). But sometimes I do get sub-10-hour battery life especially if I'm streaming movies, playing games, or coding (Pythonista/Swift Playgrounds). Also: if your iPad is new, give it time, as iOS does a lot of things in the background in a new device.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have 30% left and I have 9+ hours of usage. Although I am a light to medium user I still am happy with the battery life. I try not to charge my iPad until it is below 10%.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I get 7hrs 29 minutes battery life on my iPad pro 9.7 is this good?

Yeah that's pretty good I think if you're really using it. I use mine a lot, for work when I'm on the road and also for media consumption at home. I can definitely run it down in a day, but that's with the screen lit until constantly in a bright room and running multiple apps for work (OneDrive, Dropbox, Airmail, Safari, Workflow, Fantastical, Messages, etc.) and switching back and forth between them often. If you need more battery, and you use yours like mine, try turning the screen brightness down a little. You will get used to it after a few minutes anyway.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I get 7hrs 29 minutes battery life on my iPad pro 9.7 is this good?

If you have Pokémon Go running for 7 Hours, then i would say YES thats fantastic haha. But if you are doing just general web browsing and listening to music with the brightness at 50%. Then you should be getting a little more. :)

As many others have said, battery life is really depended on how hard you push the device. But i think no matter what you doing 7+ hours is pretty good.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Watching episode of TV shows each 40 mins it takes 20/25 % and it is not good for me yet, Do you guys use it at 100% brightness? if I want to watch a full movie with time of 90 mins it takes 45% and if i want to read a magazine for an hour it takes 20/30 %, I own an iPad Pro 12.9".

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I just spent 36 hours with no power. I only had to drive to charge my iPad once. I have no complaints about battery life.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just spent 36 hours with no power. I only had to drive to charge my iPad once. I have no complaints about battery life.

Between myself, my wife and son, we have several battery packs around the house constantly charging. Unfortunately we're in a heavily wooded neighborhood and all power lines are on poles. Tree limbs constantly falling.

I'm a ProAV integrator so I'm using my Pro constantly during the day designing audio/visual rooms for customers and also designing the install. I can usually get 10-ish hours before I get the red battery. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal