Moment of silence please

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from our cabin in the Sierras 150 miles from my house, only to realize that my Apple Pencil is still there...
On the nightstand...
And I'm not going back for at least another 2 weeks...

OMG WHATEVER SHALL I DOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh!!! Would be different if you had someone who stopped by there and they could ship it off to you.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No can do... The cabin is a haven of isolation and quiet, not a neighbor around for miles.
Ah, live and learn:
I am going to come up with a system to store my pencil with my ipad, even though I'm using a smart cover only, lol.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from our cabin in the Sierras 150 miles from my house, only to realize that my Apple Pencil is still there...
On the nightstand...
And I'm not going back for at least another 2 weeks...

OMG WHATEVER SHALL I DOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!

Why a moment of silence. Where would expect the pencil to be when you arrived back from your cabin?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
BUT IM NOT AT THE CABIN NOW!!! Lol I totally know this is one of those pathetic first world problem, but if you only knew how much fun I was having with it. So yes, I will get it back... In a few weeks. If I forgot to mention: patience was never my strong suit, lol.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Sad times, you would've though Apple would have expected people to use the keyboard and Pencil and made a way to carry both simultaneously on the iPad.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That would drive me bonkers! I freak when I leave my iPad at home or the office... overnight, so I can't imagine waiting two weeks! So, if you could afford it, why not get a 2nd pencil, and then have one at both places?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That would drive me bonkers! I freak when I leave my iPad at home or the office... overnight, so I can't imagine waiting two weeks! So, if you could afford it, why not get a 2nd pencil, and then have one at both places?

FINALLY, a partner in crime, lol.
Yes, I have considered it and I might do that.
I have bills to pay right now but that's definitely an option.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd drive back to get it. I wouldn't be able to get on a treadmill without mine, not to mention taking a ton of notes at work.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So, I decided to try the old stylus I used to use with my Air 2: I can't stop laughing! I mean the stylus + iPad Air 2 is a very good combo, but once you go Apple Pencil, consider yourself spoiled and ruined for all others omg what a difference!
So I managed to doodle on a map to plan an upcoming hike.
With the Pencil, it's perfect at first try, every try. With the stylus, I had a erase and start over a zillion times lol.
I'm thinking I should plan another hike in the Sierra foothills, say a few minutes from the cabin... I don't think I'll last 2 weeks without my pencil to be quite honest.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
And... I didn't. Of course I didn't lol. I just found out that I have a new volunteer position at my favorite state park and training starts tomorrow. And I'll have to take notes. Obviously there was a dire need for a new pencil, right? 🏻

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Call your best friend, tell her your predicament and let him/her get it for you and drink a nice bottle of wine together as a thank you.

dave3389

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I've just bought a case for my iPad. Adds a fir bit of weight. But it will keep the iPad safe from drops etc when I'm out and about, also has a built in kick stand, and a place for the pencil

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73