iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Pro 9.7" Back Surface Area/Design

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm not big into Apple at all, but I bought my autistic son an Air 2 when Verizon had their $250 off sale so he could watch movies on the go. I heard there's a possibility that accessories, such as cases, are cross compatible in some cases and was wondering if the surface area on the back of the two had any major differences as my son would like me to buy a Jason Maller skin for him from Slickwraps but they only have them available for the Pro 9.7"

I was going to say "no" to him but Slickwraps is having a 40% off sale and I don't see why not unless the skin won't fit.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Pro 9.7" Back Surface Area/Design

Thanks for this. By investing in you're kids you're investing in your future.

Foggy45

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Short answer is yes they are cross compatible.
Longer answer is, "mostly" lol
Most people are trying to go from air 2 to pro and run into differences, not what you are trying which should be much easier.
The Pro has a slightly different required opening on the rear for the camera and dual flash, as well as additional openings for the 4 speakers. Front screen protectors, i.e. ZAGG Glass ones, are identical to from Air 2 to Pro 9.7
With that said, my current pro case is actually made for the Air 2 because the stuff it covered up while working and teaching didn't warrant the $60 difference to the one made for the pro lol

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Short answer is yes they are cross compatible.
Longer answer is, "mostly" lol
Most people are trying to go from air 2 to pro and run into differences, not what you are trying which should be much easier.
The Pro has a slightly different required opening on the rear for the camera and dual flash, as well as additional openings for the 4 speakers. Front screen protectors, i.e. ZAGG Glass ones, are identical to from Air 2 to Pro 9.7
With that said, my current pro case is actually made for the Air 2 because the stuff it covered up while working and teaching didn't warrant the $60 difference to the one made for the pro lol

Thanks! I missed the sale but maybe they'll have it again in the future!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2