Battery drains pretty quickly and is very slow to charge

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I charge my iPhone 6+ and Apple Watch while I shower, shave and eat breakfast in the morning. Works real well for me. My new iPad Pro 9.7 requires a fair amount of extra time. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to speed things up?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Your iPad Pro's battery is much larger than your iPhone's battery, so it's normal that it takes extra time to charge.

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm not following. You are mixing two different issues. Slow charging is true. This is a function of wattage. With a little searching you'll discover why Apple chose the charging method it did with this device. You'll discover potential solutions. You'll discover why the phone and watch have quick charge functions and iPP does not.

Fast drain? Not necessarily true. I use my iPP for surfing, and video editing. Both are intensive and yet I get 1 to 3 days on average. I also do a lot of file moving to cloud services like OneDrive. Battery consumption is user controlled. It depends on your hardware configuration, including just wifi vs wifi+cellular, what apps you have open, what apps have background access, what apps use handoff, and at least a half dozen other things including ambient temperature, background lighting, and if you use auto-brightness and Hey Siri.

Any disputes on your part with what I've mentioned, OP?

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am fully aware that these are two separate issues. I am not an Apple newbie. I optimized the iPad Pro before making my first impression observations. My comments are made in comparison to other iPads and Apple products that I own. I am sorry if I did not make that clear. I was just wondering if others have similar impressions.

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Could you describe your use cases that may cause fast battery drain? Perhaps you do have a bad unit, but you've not given any type of information to lend us a helping hand to diagnose along with you.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
By way of follow-up, I charged the battery for several hours beyond it's first reachng the 100% charge point. It has only been a couple of days since doing that, but it does now seem to be more closely aligned with my other device charge times. We'll see how it holds up, but for now, I am happy.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
8e9dd997f6d608ec33d98d55aaecf2c0.jpg

It does drain pretty fast. Much poor battery compared to the Air 2.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
How come?

Does it have a smaller battery capacity compared to the Air 2?

I don't know but about 20% less battery life than the Air 2. I notice it too. It's nothing wrong with the OP's battery. It just straight out has less battery life compared to other iPads.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know but about 20% less battery life than the Air 2. I notice it too. It's nothing wrong with the OP's battery. It just straight out has less battery life compared to other iPads.

I'm sure it's still a beast despite having less battery life than the Air 2.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am the original poster. I took my iPad Pro 9.7 to the Apple Store. They ran diagnostics on the device and found problems. We re-installed the software and the tech made some tweaks. Things are a lot better now. As an aside, I was looking at my old iPad 2 the other day and can't believe how much smaller and lighter the iPad Pro 9.7 is, even though its screen is the same size. I have purchased the Apple keyboard and pencil and really love this iPad.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am the original poster. I took my iPad Pro 9.7 to the Apple Store. They ran diagnostics on the device and found problems. We re-installed the software and the tech made some tweaks. Things are a lot better now. As an aside, I was looking at my old iPad 2 the other day and can't believe how much smaller and lighter the iPad Pro 9.7 is, even though its screen is the same size. I have purchased the Apple keyboard and pencil and really love this iPad.

Yayy!

Enjoy your iPad with the keyboard and pencil

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234