iPad 9.7 Pro bricked by 9.3.2, is there a solution?

I

iMore Question

ipad 9.7 pro bricked by 9.3.2 is there a solution?

Unable to reset or to restore it is bricked!

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: ipad 9.7 pro bricked by 9.3.2 is there a solution?

I haven't contacted Apple because I haven't tried a restore yet. There are numerous findings online that talk specifically about the bricking issue but that seems to be the extent so far. I had a bad experience in the past with an Apple update so I always wait a few days now. I got the pop up last night notifying me of the new update and just assumed it was because the device was brand new (less than 24 hours at that point). In the meantime I was mostly curious if this could possibly be a defective iPad or part of a more widespread problem because of the update.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Great, and I pick up my pro after work today, which means as soon as I power it on and log in, I'll get the update notification. Maybe I'll backup via iTunes before updating. :)

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

The iOS 9.3.2 update went fine on my iPad Pro 9.7", so it's not a given that updating your new device will fail. Waiting to hear more is a good plan, but I wouldn't be overly concerned otherwise.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I powered on my new Pro around 8 pm and it was running 9.3. I checked for update and got the 9.3.1 notification so I updated. Been checking since and it's not saying any further updates available. I wonder if Apple stopped pushing it out.

Eageron

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I posted a link concerning this subject on Reddit. A lot of people have stated that they called Apple and they will replace the device. I haven't updated my iPad so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73