Anyone having an issue with the screen flickering on their iPad Pro 9.7? I've had mine a week. Friday night the screen started flickering. I'm out of town right now and not close to an Apple Store but when I get back home I'll be going to see if they can give me a replacement. Do you guys think this is a hardware or software issue? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    04-17-2016 01:07 AM
    Haven't seen this myself, or heard of anyone else with the issue. When you say flickering, do you mean high frequency on-off or significant brightness change, or more slow?

If we are talking about high frequency flicker, the genius bar is your best bet.

If it's a more slow transition, could it be (and yes I know that i'm likely telling you to suck eggs, apologies) that auto-brightness (or true tone / night shift) are doing something odd. I ask because I've noticed that when reading with a bright light behind me, my iPad is very sensitive to where my hands are on the device and as a result the screen brightness can vary quite a bit.

I'd try these things just for giggles

/Settings/Display & Brightness/Auto-Brightness disable and test
    /Settings/Display & Brightness/True Tone disable and test
    /Settings/Display & Brightness/Night Shift disable and test

Also what happens in a totally dark room?

Hope this is somehow helpful & good luck.
    04-17-2016 01:30 AM
    Thanks for replying. It's high frequency on/off. I'm back home now and going to the Apple Store tomorrow.
    04-17-2016 10:57 PM
    Also I meant to say I did try your suggestions. They didn't help. But thank you! Appreciate the reply.
    04-17-2016 10:57 PM
    @leannza1 absolute pleasure, please do let us know how you go and if they mention what the issue was.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-18-2016 05:59 AM
    Anyone having an issue with the screen flickering on their iPad Pro 9.7? I've had mine a week. Friday night the screen started flickering. I'm out of town right now and not close to an Apple Store but when I get back home I'll be going to see if they can give me a replacement. Do you guys think this is a hardware or software issue? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I've not experienced any screen flickering with my 9.7" iPad Pro.
    04-18-2016 07:37 AM
    I have noticed some screen brightening/dimming as my hands block out some light, but no flickering.
    04-18-2016 07:46 AM
    I went ahead and restored the iPad to factory settings just to see if that might fix the issue. It did not; in fact, the issue seems worse now. I'm going this evening to the Apple Store and will update later. Thanks for all your replies.
    04-18-2016 01:22 PM
    They're replacing it, but they have to order it since it's still a new item. The guy who helped me said it's slightly bent around the area where the cellular antenna is. I have done nothing but put it in a case and use it. I haven't dropped it or anything. I'm the only one who has used it. Not sure what caused the bending but regardless I'm getting a replacement so I'm glad. Thanks again for the replies. 😀
    OZsMac likes this.
    04-18-2016 09:26 PM