iPad Pro 9.7 screen flickering

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with the screen flickering on their iPad Pro 9.7? I've had mine a week. Friday night the screen started flickering. I'm out of town right now and not close to an Apple Store but when I get back home I'll be going to see if they can give me a replacement. Do you guys think this is a hardware or software issue? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't seen this myself, or heard of anyone else with the issue. When you say flickering, do you mean high frequency on-off or significant brightness change, or more slow?

If we are talking about high frequency flicker, the genius bar is your best bet.

If it's a more slow transition, could it be (and yes I know that i'm likely telling you to suck eggs, apologies) that auto-brightness (or true tone / night shift) are doing something odd. I ask because I've noticed that when reading with a bright light behind me, my iPad is very sensitive to where my hands are on the device and as a result the screen brightness can vary quite a bit.

I'd try these things just for giggles

/Settings/Display & Brightness/Auto-Brightness disable and test
/Settings/Display & Brightness/True Tone disable and test
/Settings/Display & Brightness/Night Shift disable and test

Also what happens in a totally dark room?

Hope this is somehow helpful & good luck.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
@leannza1 absolute pleasure, please do let us know how you go and if they mention what the issue was.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with the screen flickering on their iPad Pro 9.7? I've had mine a week. Friday night the screen started flickering. I'm out of town right now and not close to an Apple Store but when I get back home I'll be going to see if they can give me a replacement. Do you guys think this is a hardware or software issue? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've not experienced any screen flickering with my 9.7" iPad Pro.

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and restored the iPad to factory settings just to see if that might fix the issue. It did not; in fact, the issue seems worse now. I'm going this evening to the Apple Store and will update later. Thanks for all your replies.

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
They're replacing it, but they have to order it since it's still a new item. The guy who helped me said it's slightly bent around the area where the cellular antenna is. I have done nothing but put it in a case and use it. I haven't dropped it or anything. I'm the only one who has used it. Not sure what caused the bending but regardless I'm getting a replacement so I'm glad. Thanks again for the replies. 😀

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner