I noticed they never made one for the larger iPad Pro so I don't have high hopes for the 9.7" iPad Pro. I personally don't like the silicone material compared to the leather cases. It seems the only options are the silicone case with either the keyboard or a silicone case and with a silicone cover.

Right now I have my iPad Air 2 leather case and it still fits, just doesn't have the little holes for all of the speakers on the top, but I don't have it noticable.
    04-07-2016 02:00 AM
    Starting from the iPad mini 4 Apple seems to have abandoned the idea of selling Smart Case to the (more profitable) dual elements solution (Smart Cover + rear case).
    I really miss the Smart Cover I had on my iPads until iPad Air....
    04-07-2016 03:22 AM
    I used the old leather ipad case but I think I will just upgrade to the dual element solution. I personally find the silicone to come off as "cheap" when compared to the leather case, but Apple usually knows what is best.
    04-07-2016 02:11 PM
    My past experience with the silicone material is not good. My iPad (4th Gen) smart case only lasted a little over a year before splitting apart. My Product Red silicone iPhone 6 case was replaced twice in an Apple Store, the back bubbled up after a month on one and a corner peeled apart after another month on another. I really like the fit of these cases, no one else makes a more precisely cut case however the material used is subpar and not worth the cost.
    04-07-2016 05:26 PM
    I have a totally different experience with silicone cases: they are strong and very durable.
    DisturbedKoala likes this.
    04-07-2016 06:21 PM
    I have to agree- while I don't like paying more I think the silicone backs are far more durable and shock resistant than the leather was. Also has a great feel to it. Makes the iPad far less slippery.
    04-07-2016 07:47 PM
    I have to agree- while I don't like paying more I think the silicone backs are far more durable and shock resistant than the leather was. Also has a great feel to it. Makes the iPad far less slippery.
    Yep. The Apple tax is included, as usual. Here in Italy average street price for a non-leather good quality case is 25-28€, and the Apple silicone case is 35€.
    But being an apple customer since 1989 I'm somewhat accustomed to that
    04-08-2016 01:01 AM