Hi,
    I just purchased the iPad Pro 9.7, after debating the upgrade to an iPad mini 4.
    ( replacing an iPad mini 2)
    I love the screen, the speed, the 4 speakers. This is a beautiful product.
    However, I am finding that holding the iPad Pro 9.7 is unwieldy and is
    Causing pains in my wrist. It's light, it's thin, but the extra size causes these issues.
    Does anyone else have this problem? I do have a stand, but I like holding the iPad.
    Should I give up and just go to the iPad mini 4?
    04-04-2016 06:51 PM
    maybe the Apple Smart Case / Cover would help.
    Good Luck
    04-04-2016 08:47 PM
    If the 9.7" iPad is too heavy to hold with one hand, then maybe the iPad Mini is for you. However, you will lose a few features from the iPad Pro 9.7". (e.g. Apple Pencil support/TrueTone display)
    04-04-2016 08:50 PM
    I find that it is easier to hold in landscape view than it is in portrait view, and although I don't have my Smart Keyboard yet, I've got a feeling that it'll be even easier to hold with it attached. Still, I'm not experiencing any pain or anything like that from holding it.
    04-04-2016 09:42 PM
    I have arthritis and I hear what you are saying. If you are used to the mini the 9.7 version feels way heavier. There isn't much you could about it. You will hopefully get used to the added weight. If it's bothering you that much may want to consider exchanging it for the mini.
    04-04-2016 09:53 PM
    I use my iPad Pro 9.7" with the Smart Keyboard. This allows me to fold the cover to its keyboard mode, which creates an angled near vertical support for the iPad. I can then just set the iPad on a flat surface or, as now, on my lap in bed to type and read. I used to do something similar with the Smart Cover on my old iPad Air, then just used my right index finger and thumb to assure it stayed upright, resting my right wrist on my leg, or on another flat surface. And, yes, I nearly always use my iPad in landscape mode (wide view).

I very seldom just hold the iPad in my hand for an extended period. It is much lighter than a laptop, but certainly not a featherweight. If you must hold the iPad in the air to use it, then the smaller model may suit you better.
    04-05-2016 03:24 AM
    Hi,
    I just purchased the iPad Pro 9.7, after debating the upgrade to an iPad mini 4.
    ( replacing an iPad mini 2)
    I love the screen, the speed, the 4 speakers. This is a beautiful product.
    However, I am finding that holding the iPad Pro 9.7 is unwieldy and is
    Causing pains in my wrist. It's light, it's thin, but the extra size causes these issues.
    Does anyone else have this problem? I do have a stand, but I like holding the iPad.
    Should I give up and just go to the iPad mini 4?
    I never had any problems. Then again to me iPad Pro 12.2 inch iPad to me is not heavy and presents no problems.
    04-05-2016 01:41 PM
    it's a very personal choice.
    If it's not comfortable for you to hold, well it's just not comfortable.
    04-06-2016 04:19 PM
    If the "thinness" of the tablet is causing difficulty (strain) to hold, I found a good grippy case helps. It also sounds better held horizontally, so try that , or go to the mini.
    04-06-2016 06:46 PM
    The mini surely isn't any thicker ....
    04-07-2016 03:04 AM
    The mini surely isn't any thicker ....
    But it has more letters to hold (Mini vs Pro)...
    04-07-2016 03:18 AM
    But it has more letters to hold (Mini vs Pro)...
    04-07-2016 03:33 AM