9.7 Pro = 2GB RAM (CONFIRMED)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it really is 2GB of RAM, why is that so bad? The Air 2 runs great on 2GB of RAM and the Pro probably requires that much more with all the pixels being pushed onto the screen.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
If it really is 2GB of RAM, why is that so bad? The Air 2 runs great on 2GB of RAM and the Pro probably requires that much more with all the pixels being pushed onto the screen.

I agree. My Air 2 runs decently on 2GB but with the 9.7 Pro I feel it may need more. Just don't want that iPad 3 experience. The 12.9 Pro runs extremely smooth but don't know whether to attribute it to the 4GB RAM or the A9X or maybe a combination of both.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree. The Air 2 runs decently on 2GB but with the 9.7 Pro I feel it may need more. Just don't want that iPad 3 experience. The 12.9 Pro runs extremely smooth but don't know whether to attribute it to the RAM or the A9X or maybe a combination of both.

I feel you there. I bought an iPad 3.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I feel you there. I bought an iPad 3.

That was the worst upgrade I've ever made but you live & learn i guess. Hopefully when iOS10 is released, it doesn't bog down our 2GB RAM iPad's and if so, for some reason I feel the Air 2 would fair a bit better than the 9.7 Pro. Of course I would love to be wrong because I do like the upgrades made to the speakers, screen, etc.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was considering upgrading from my iPad Air (v.1), but after seeing the new Pro only having 2 GB of RAM, I'm passing. While I'm sure it would work fine (and faster than my Air), and while I would love to have split view to multitask on my Air, I'm trying to future-proof my purchases; I wouldn't be surprised if Apple came out with a 9.7 Pro with 4 GB of RAM in the next year. I'm also waiting to see what Watch 2 and the rumored MacBooks bring - that whole "responsible consumer" thing. :)