Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know it's early days as I post this, but for those of us that are looking to pick up the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro... we're no doubt going to start the hunt for cases to protect (and maybe add a little bit of style) to the new iPad.

I've found a few great cases already, but I encourage you to add any you find to this list. It'll help our members and guests find the perfect case for them!

OEM Cases:
Smart Cover for 9.7-inch iPad Pro - [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/Smart-Cover-for-9.7-inch-iPad-Pro-Mint#mn_p]Apple[/URL]
Silicone Case for 9.7-inch iPad Pro - [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/Silicone-Case-for-9.7-inch-iPad-Pro-Lilac#mn_p]Apple[/URL]

Aftermarket Cases:
LUVVITT Rescue Case - [URL="http://www.amazon.com/LUVVITT-Rescue-Front-Cover-Apple/dp/B01A4S6I5I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458654952&sr=8-3&keywords=ipad+pro+9.7+case&t=imore-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2715108]Amazon[/URL]
MoKo Ultra Slim Smart Shell - [URL="http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Pro-9-7-Case-Polycarbonate/dp/B0158AZOHU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1458654952&sr=8-7&keywords=ipad+pro+9.7+case&t=imore-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2715108]Amazon[/URL]
Heavy Duty iPad Pro 9.7 Case from Supcase - [URL="http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Unicorn-Full-body-Protective-Protector/dp/B01CQC84ZC/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1458654952&sr=8-16&keywords=ipad+pro+9.7+case&t=imore-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2715108]Amazon[/URL]

Feel free to reply with links to your favorites!

stretchhall

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have an OLD iPad (dating to 2010), so I am excited for this upgrade!

I have a hybrid solution for my current device: Apple smart cover, and hard shell back cover (Speck, I think) that includes a small magnet. This little touch has been really great for holding the smart cover snug to the back of the iPad when I am holding it on my lap, etc. I never have to think about the front cover when I've flipped it around to the back.

I'd love to see if anyone is finding slim, keyboard-compatible rear covers that include small magnets like the one I currently have.

Thanks!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations there - but I am patiently awaiting some cases from Pad & Quill. Big fan of their products, have used them for quite some time. Should be cool to see what they come up with for the iPad Pro line.

stretchhall

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Those look really nice! I'm more of a function-over-form person myself and will be looking for something that's a bit more streamlined (and maybe just a bit less expensive)...But if I were looking for a really nice case, that's a great place to start. :)

heyyitsmesusan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope Logitech or Zagg come out with a keyboard case soon. I ordered the $6.95 Moko case to hold me over in the meantime. Kinda sad there aren't that many cases out for it yet.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My plan is to use the Apple keyboard as the cover, which leaves the back naked. I currently use a Logitech keyboard as the cover for my iPad 4 and like it that way.

lobridge

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the MoKo case and the first run was not properly fitted. The speaker openings on the bottom are off and the sleep/wake does not work. They have contacted me and are sending v 2. It is a cheap temporary case until more are available.

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the 12.9 and 9.7 Pro iPads. I bought Apple's Smart Keyboard Case for the 12.9. Don't like it at all. Terrible on your lap, no backlighting, no function keys, and a flip-floppy mess that you have to origami every time you do something with it...and for the privilege of getting that, we pay an obscene amount of money for it.
One nice thing: I can use my 9.7 on it while I wait for a better case for the 9.7....LogiTech and Zagg will probably be at the top of my list.
Machine-wise, these two tablet are incredible. Love the Pencil even as a uniquely accurate stylus.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am using the silicone case for the back. I am also using the Smart Keyboard. I am sitting up in bed with it in my lap as I type. It's not bad this way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using the silicone case for the back. I am also using the Smart Keyboard. I am sitting up in bed with it in my lap as I type. It's not bad this way.
I'm so jealous.... ��....after failing to snag a Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro, I went ahead and ordered one via the Apple Store app. Now that I've ordered it, I'll walk into a store somewhere and see one readily available for purchase.... ��

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm so jealous.... ��....after failing to snag a Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro, I went ahead and ordered one via the Apple Store app. Now that I've ordered it, I'll walk into a store somewhere and see one readily available for purchase.... ��

From what i can tell they are near impossible to find in the store. I do think this one is a keeper. I will asses in the next few days then I'll probably return the Smart Cover- I see that one collecting dust

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From what i can tell they are near impossible to find in the store. I do think this one is a keeper. I will asses in the next few days then I'll probably return the Smart Cover- I see that one collecting dust

I knew it! I ordered the Apple Smart Keyboard last night via the Apple Store app with a shipping date of 1- 2 weeks. Less than 24 hours later, I searched the nearest Apple Store for it like I've done each day, and lo and behold, it had some available for purchase in-store. I quickly made the purchase via the app and then cancelled my previous order. I'm very happy with my purchase and now I'm all set. I have the 9.7" iPad Pro Cellular + Wi-Fi (Rose Gold), the Pencil as well as the Apple Smart Keyboard. I'm a happy camper now...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh