Is anyone holding out for the rumored iPad Pro 3?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many people purchased the original iPad Pro and loved it. I’m one of the people who bought the original 9.7” iPad Pro and loves it. Months ago, a good deal of people purchased the 10.5” iPad Pro and love it. Who’s holding out for the next iPad Pro models?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’m sill rocking the original 9.7 pro- between the watch and the bands and the 8 and the cases I’m gonna stick with it a little longer lol.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My 10.5 iPad Pro is great.
Next purchase is MacBook Pro 15” to replace my MacBook Air.
Also looking to buy the AirPods when the wireless charging case is introduced.
So no iPad Pro3 for me.
Good Luck

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been using my 12.9” iPP for almost two years now, and I’m very satisfied. I’ve been thinking of getting the 10.5” but I think I’ll wait for the next gen iPP.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2nd Gen 12.9 IPP with WiFi only and will be looking to get a cellular enabled one here shortly. Unless they plan to update to their new Bionic Chip or add the faceid which I would think is a tough one right now given how hard it is to get the modules built. I would say the 2nd Gen IPP is very solid and 512GB does me just fine.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with my fairly new iPad Pro 10.5” Wifi Only.
I might upgrade to the iPP 3 if there’s a significant design change.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I still haven't bought an iPad since they came out. Shocker, I know!!! I'm probably gonna hold out until FaceID comes to iPad honestly. If it comes this year I'll get one. I don't want to go back to not using gestures after the X.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm still happy with my Air 2, but eventually need to upgrade... so I'll be interested to learn about the new iPad models... I definitely want a pro... because of the Pencil. So.. time will tell! :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If this years iPad Pro 3 comes out with FaceID and bezel less or nearly bezel less meaning they need to be pretty darn thin bezels then I would get one and give my iPad Pro 2 to my sister to replace her iPad Air 2.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If this years iPad Pro 3 comes out with FaceID and bezel less or nearly bezel less meaning they need to be pretty darn thin bezels then I would get one and give my iPad Pro 2 to my sister to replace her iPad Air 2.

I would too.
I just hope Apple doesn’t disappoint by releasing an updated iPP with current design.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If Apple did release an iPP4 in the same form factor as last years, that would be a big letdown and a big step backwards. They could make the iPP 4 with FaceID smaller but still have the 12.9" display. As it is I like the screen size but not the weight of it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably gonna hold out until FaceID comes to iPad honestly. If it comes this year I'll get one. I don't want to go back to not using gestures after the X.

Me too. I'm quite satisfied with my 9.7" pro, but I'd upgrade to get a slighter bigger screen and Face ID.

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Have gen 1 12.9 but need more storage (even with cloud)-bought 128-so patiently waiting for gen 3 to buy 512 and all the other things I assume it will offer (and hoping my Logitech Slim Combo Keyboard case will fit)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My 12.9 is two years old this month and it hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. I have no intentions on upgrading my iPad until my current Pro is out of commission.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Me too. I'm quite satisfied with my 9.7" pro, but I'd upgrade to get a slighter bigger screen and Face ID.
I don't currently own an iPad, but bought my niece the 10.5 Pro for Xmas. It's super nice, but feels a little weird to interact with.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty much done with iPads unless one becomes available that will be semi-Mac.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm pretty much done with iPads unless one becomes available that will be semi-Mac.

That's one of the reasons I've never bought one as of yet. I've had MacBook Pros and a current iPhone since iPads were released. I'm not sure how much I'd honestly use it. So far my rational brain has worked, but my "I have to have it" brain will win over at some point. :rotfl:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the reasons I've never bought one as of yet. I've had MacBook Pros and a current iPhone since iPads were released. I'm not sure how much I'd honestly use it. So far my rational brain has worked, but my "I have to have it" brain will win over at some point. :rotfl:

I hear ya....I've had the iPad 2, the original iPad Mini and the 9.7" iPad Pro. I enjoyed having all three and glad I got them. With that being said, the iPad Pro is a beast of a device and is really fast....BUT....its power is a waste because iOS isn't powerful enough for it, in my opinion. The user interface should have at least been able to match and/or exceed that of the Surface Pro....again, in my opinion. I will stick with my iPhone and MacBook Pro going forward until further notice....:cool:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I use mine for surfing and general stuff. Much easier than holding or lugging around my MacBook Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh