Is anyone holding out for the rumored iPad Pro 3?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Aww c’mon Apple HURRY UP!!! My iPad Pro 9.7 is hiccuping all over the place and behaving like a rickety old iPod, COME ON!!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Based on what I have seen so far with concepts, granted they are not Apple's office art but they do give a good indication of where Apple is likely to go. Keeping 12.9" display area but reducing bezel size will reduce the overall size and of course that means you will need to, you guessed it buy all new accessories, like the keyboard, screen protectors, cases, etc. Still having the same screen size and a smaller form factor will be nice. I just wish they would bump up the resolution.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with my current iPad 9.7. It's actually 3rd maybe 4th down on my list of Apple products that get used. I'm good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I've stated earlier on in this thread, I'm pretty much done with iPads. I'll stick with the iPhone and the MacBook Pro for the foreseeable future.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still happy with my Air 2, but eventually need to upgrade... so I'll be interested to learn about the new iPad models... I definitely want a pro... because of the Pencil. So.. time will tell! :)

I had the air 2 and gave it to my mother when the 10.5 Pro came out. I won’t be getting a new iPad for myself until it stops being updated. I love it!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ditched my MBP and go the iMac PRO and use my iPad as my portable laptop for the mobile things I needed. The newer smaller sized but 12.9" screen will be a nice edition.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 512gb I’ve had for a year and one month. I just cracked the screen, and unfortunately don’t have Apple care. I’m hoping to hold out until the new models come out, as a screen repair by Apple is $459. I’m looking into a 3rd party screen replacement, but don’t know if I want to go that route. I put a plastic screen cover on today so I can continue to use my Apple Pencil, but seeing the crack is driving me nuts.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My iPad is probably my most flexible device so I'll probably be an iPad fan far longer than I'm a MacBook Pro fan. My MacBook gets pulled out sparingly, honestly. I use my iPad far more. There are some online courses I take that don't play well with the iPad so my MacBook still gets use here and there. But my iPad gets used far more from watching movies/videos to writing papers to reading books to web surfing to music listening. Lately, my MacBook really only has one or two use cases.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok I’m getting annoyed : WHEN is it coming out??? My Pro 9.7 is my main device, I got mine over 2 years ago now and I use it all the time, I don’t even use a MacBook anymore.
My battery life has taken a serious beating and I am now charging several times a day, takes forever to load anything I want to access, my screen sensitivity is getting frankly dull, it’s been a fabulous iPad but it’s getting seriously long in the tooth.
Im holding out for the Pro 3 but this is annoying :
Why can’t they just give us a freaking release date, already?
... And what do you mean, patience is not my strong suit ???
Aarrgghh.
Grumble.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Really 7 days after announcement to pre-order, based on past timelines I think we will see pre-orders on the 14th with shipments on the 21st. Given the 6.1" LCD is delayed potentially 1-2 months they need to get some sales momentum on what is shipping to make the end of quarter solid. Yes pent up demand for the new cheaper iPhone will be there but sales figures are needed to make the market happy.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I don’t even use a MacBook anymore.
My battery life has taken a serious beating
This will be my reason for buying it. My current iPad is fast enough, though, since all I use it for is writing (a lot), Safari and photo editing.

One more thing I’d like: a better keyboard case. The Apple Genius told me they’ll replace mine whenever since there are known issues with the design. I’m on my fourth.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The updated Brydge keyboard reviews give the sense that using theirs turns your iPad Pro 12.9 into a good laptop replacement, I am looking at getting one when the new iPad Pro 3 comes out and trying out the keyboard, if my wife likes it I will get her an iPad Pro 3 and get her one too. https://www.brydge.com

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPad Pro 10.5 and love it. I am not sure what they could offer on a new iPad that would make me want to buy it and take the $ hit with the 10.5"

I use the Logitech - Slim Combo Keyboard Folio Case, and to get it in a new size would be another $100 to $150. I have FaceID on my iPhone, so not sure why I need or care for it on my iPad, especially if it only works in portrait mode.

There is a ton of spare space on my iPad Pro now, so I don't need more storage.

I keep it in pristine condition, so it's not damaged.

Not sure how a AMOLED would get me change my mind. I use my iPad Pro a lot for work, when I don't want to use my laptop and/or lug it around.

They would have to reveal a stunning must have change.

I did upgrade my 8+ for Xs-Max and my S3 Watch for a S4, but not excited about a new iPad Pro (yet)

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Waiting pretty impatiently for Ipad Pro 12.9–I have early gen 1 with only 128 GB-plus its showing its heavy use (instead of my Macbook Pro 15”). Will likely do Apple trade for it.

I did upgrade my 3.5 YO Plus phone for an XSMax 256–planned to do it later but am glad I did—big difference-and now hoping for face ID on Ipad—IF it will work in landscape. I love IOS 12 on the Ipad—allows me to push it to the max (except for using external drives—but do carry wifi WD drive when I travel-particularly for photography)

I too have the Logitech Slim Combo and its a good case and decent keyboard but I found the bit larger Logitech K811 keyboard with a ZUGU case is more useful for me (both tucked into a smallish carry case) —and it will work with whatever footprint changes are made.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had opted to grab the resale value on my iPad Pro 2nd Gen 512GB while it was still high, but could really use the new one soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW