Is anyone holding out for the rumored iPad Pro 3?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use mine for surfing and general stuff. Much easier than holding or lugging around my MacBook Pro.

There's definitely a use for an iPad. No doubt about it, but it's capabilities should exceed that off an iPhone, in my opinion.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I want the 12.9" display but edge 2 edge LCD display (OLED is too expensive for the display size) and that wouild allow for the overall device size to shrink and perhaps the weight.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd love an edge to edge display but honestly face ID on an iPad doesn't really appeal to me. I ended up giving my X to one of my kids and went back to the 8Plus because I could stand dealing with face ID. It worked fine, I just find that touch ID is so much more convenient.

I'm happy with my Pro 2 and would love an AMOLED iPad, but face ID would prevent me from getting one at least for now I think.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Definitely do not buy an iPad Pro 2 now. The current model has been in the market for a long time, so will be poor value. If you want one, wait for a new model.

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
It drives me crazy using the phone when I want to use split screen—which I use almost constantly on my 12.9. Drag and drop—not possible on phone—use every day. Pencil—not possible on phone—use every day. My phone is my portable device—but does frustrate me all the time (I do have a Macbook Pro 15”—which I use now primarily for external drive access). Should have quoted original poster who inferred Ipad Pro isn’t capable of more than Iphone.

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Most feel it will be introduced at WWDC in June— if there will be a pro 3–would be normal cycle. I sure hope so—my 12.9 is 128 GB (gen 1–all that was available when I bought it, was upgraded to 256 later in the year). I have moved things to drives but really need more storage plus all the other new hardware-and look forward to IOS 12 though I don’t expect the advances we got with 11 that changed the usage of the Pro for me.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My 12.9 G1 is still in good shape. I want to upgrade but I’m hoping they go with a smaller bezel and Face ID, it’s the only way I would upgrade

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've been saying when Apple does a thinner bezel iPad Pro with Face ID I'll get one. The more I think about it though. I don't really have a use for one since I have an iPhone X and a fairly recent MBP.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Rumors of new hardware at WWDC appear to be short lived, Ipad Pro3 hopefully in the fall but not until after iPhone launch, so maybe October?

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the original 12.9” iPad Pro on release date. I’m really hoping for a new form factor with FaceID. I do plan and buying the larger size again as I love the 12.9” screen and hope that with the new design will come a larger screen.

Aqeel ahmed4

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
As indicated by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Apple is working diligently on another top of the line 2018 iPad Pro that will obtain a few highlights from the organization's lead iPhone X.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR