Why do I lose charge overnight

Codcrafteed

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
The 2018 IPad Pro that I have somehow loses charge overnight, it’s not that bad because I only lose like 4-5% in about 7 hours of standby activity but it’s still sort of strange.

I made sure to close all apps and turn off Wi-Fi but the issue keeps persisting and I even reseted all my settings and forced restart the IPad but none of these things worked so far.

I tried checking my battery activity but all it says it that I lose charge even when no app is running (since I closed all apps) and the device is on standby so... Can anybody give me an answer please? Although I feel like it has something to do with IPadOS 13.3 though...

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
It is perfectly normal for such a device to loose a little power overnight whilst on standby. It will be tracking the time, possible alarms and, if used, be alert for Siri instructions, etc.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
4% to 5% is pretty normal, depending on several things. Push notifications will come in overnight from Mail and etc. If it's just asleep, it's still going to use a little bit of battery. It's not anything to be concerned about. Not sure why you feel the need to kill all your apps. Most are in a suspended state and are not using any resourses. The few that may be running in the background do it so the app can perform like you want it to. But their background time is limited to 30 seconds normally. Some may get a little extra time. After which they go into a suspended state.

Codcrafteed

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
It may be normal but the thing is, I also have an IPad Air 2 and it just doesn’t happen with it, also for some reason it doesn’t happen if the ipad is at 100%, it only happens when the device’s charge is below 100%.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It may be normal but the thing is, I also have an IPad Air 2 and it just doesn’t happen with it, also for some reason it doesn’t happen if the ipad is at 100%, it only happens when the device’s charge is below 100%.

Ever notice with a car, when you fill it with gas all the way up, it takes a long time for it to come down below the full mark? I've found that to be so with the battery icon on all the iPhones I've had. Seems to take a long time to come down from 100%. But when it does, it appears to discharge faster. It doesn't actually discharge faster, it charges up past 100%. You just don't see it. Does your iPad have all the same apps and settings as your iPhone? Are location services and notifications set the same on both? There's many things that may cause one to discharge the battery faster than the other. Again, there's no need to worry or obsess over battery. If watching the battery % in the status bar bothers you, remove it and enjoy your iPhone.
I always charge my 6s Plus before bed. When I wake up, sometimes it's still at 100%, and sometimes it's at 86%. It varies.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The 2018 IPad Pro that I have somehow loses charge overnight, it’s not that bad because I only lose like 4-5% in about 7 hours of standby activity but it’s still sort of strange.

I made sure to close all apps and turn off Wi-Fi but the issue keeps persisting and I even reseted all my settings and forced restart the IPad but none of these things worked so far.

I tried checking my battery activity but all it says it that I lose charge even when no app is running (since I closed all apps) and the device is on standby so... Can anybody give me an answer please? Although I feel like it has something to do with IPadOS 13.3 though...

Any device connected to any sort of a network will lose light amounts of battery overnight as it checks notifications, emails and things. It's in a state of active rest where it won't use large amounts but it still is doing things in the background.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
While I understand your initial concern, I really don't think that losing 4-5% is anything to be concerned about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR