Beware of this.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Call it a scam if you want, but it’s probably more along the lines of “governments wanting to get their share of the money”.

I log into my Ebay or Amazon personal accounts and put something in my cart, and low and behold there’s tax.

I log into my Ebay or Amazon work accounts and do the same thing and there is no tax. But I also had to submit resale certificates.

It’s not a scam. It’s the cost of doing business.

Where does one get resale certificates from?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think sales tax is a "scam". I recall recently some sort of legislation passing requiring sales tax on online purchases now as well. Previously, if I recall, there wasn't always sales tax when making purchases online.

Also...if that's a real order confirmation belonging to you...you should delete your address information from the post.

I did not include my address.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Sales tax being collected for goods purchased is not a scam, even if it’s not what you’re used to from that particular merchant. Showing the pre-tax amount in the product listing and then adding in sales tax in the cart is how it’s always been done.
And, if we’re being honest, just because sales tax isn’t collected doesn’t mean you don’t owe it. This is exactly why your tax preparer or software asks if you’ve purchased any taxable goods and not paid taxes on them at the time of sale.

I figure my own taxes. Only takes 30 minutes for both. I do not use any type of software.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77