I'm looking to start grad school soon and need to do online classes and school work in general. I have wanted an IPad pro for years now but going forward, I need to make sure that I have the most functional product. Since my classes will be online, I don't see that I'll be needing to use thumb drives or anything, but can I back it up to an external hard drive or is it entirely in the cloud? Has anyone else used an IPad pro to sign in for live classes or online forums or anything like that? Did you like it? Pros/Cons?
    05-21-2018 02:11 PM
    I was in school online several years ago. I could participate in the discussions just fine with my phone (didn't have an iPad). However, certain things I couldn't do because books couldn't be downloaded to an iOS device. My school only supported desktops/laptops for downloads. It could have changed since then, and also it would be dependent on what your school supported.
    05-21-2018 05:09 PM
    I’ve used an iPad Pro for notetaking in university for the past few years. I store everything on iCloud.

I think it’s a great device, although I still prefer the MacBook Pro when it comes to studying and doing assignments.
    05-22-2018 12:06 AM
    I go to WGU, lots of the classes don’t work on the iPad. I bring both. I highly suggest you look to see if your university offers free Microsoft office. Those apps with one drive work great. OneNote on the iPad with Apple Pencil is a great experience. Get the Logitech keyboard, provides full coverage and the typing experience is good. Good luck. I still keep my x1 carbon and use it for work and school when my iPad isn’t compatible.
    05-24-2018 11:27 PM
    I would highly discourage someone from using only an iPad for an online university. It may work in some respects, but not many online universities support tablets as a primary device. The starting point would be to connect with the technology team at the university and see what their recommendations state.

I'm working on my Masters in an all online university and I do a lot of my reading on my iPad but everything else is done from my Macbook. It's just much more convenient for me.
    rdubmu likes this.
    05-25-2018 01:29 PM