Recently I noticed that my signature that I have set up on my Mac and my iPhone didn’t carry over to my iPad Pro 12.9. So I copied it from a sent email in my archives, and pasted it to the signature setup screen on my iPad. This worked fine, however I noticed two faint vertical lines on the signature that weren’t there before. I attempted to delete the signature and try again, but only the text deleted, not the lines. Then I tapped the “return” key and every time I did, the lines extended downward with each tap of the key. I tried resetting my iPad and I’ve looked on many forums for a solution to this issue, but I’ve had no luck so far. I will include screenshots of what I have going on so maybe it will make more sense. Thank you in advance.

Willy

Mail signature issues-9e844f5a-07b2-47fd-a54a-19f2f5c2a240.png
    04-30-2018 09:41 AM
    Recently I noticed that my signature that I have set up on my Mac and my iPhone didn’t carry over to my iPad Pro 12.9. So I copied it from a sent email in my archives, and pasted it to the signature setup screen on my iPad. This worked fine, however I noticed two faint vertical lines on the signature that weren’t there before. I attempted to delete the signature and try again, but only the text deleted, not the lines. Then I tapped the “return” key and every time I did, the lines extended downward with each tap of the key. I tried resetting my iPad and I’ve looked on many forums for a solution to this issue, but I’ve had no luck so far. I will include screenshots of what I have going on so maybe it will make more sense. Thank you in advance.

Willy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E844F5A-07B2-47FD-A54A-19F2F5C2A240.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	743.9 KB 
ID:	123020
    Hello there @BigWilly0811. Welcome to iMore.

You said when you tap "return" the lines expanded. Does it do anything when you hit the delete / back button? While I don't have the 12.9 I do have the 9.7 so it should be similar.
    04-30-2018 12:00 PM
    It reverses the action. However, it stops at line 1 and leaves the lines on the page about 1/4 inch high.
    04-30-2018 12:11 PM
    Not an answer, but joining in on the frustration that in both iOS and OSX, HTML email signatures are a PITA to set up.
    xtremeled likes this.
    09-11-2018 03:29 PM
    What happens when you try this with the outlook app?
    10-07-2018 01:02 PM
    I wish someone could tell me (or Apple would finally make this a feature) how to add a signature for an individual email rather than this “all or nothing” stupid option we currently have.

50% of the time, I don’t want a signature, which makes it a pain to delete it. The other 50%, I want it included and I’m obviously not going to re-create it each time. Why not have the option with the long press or 3D Touch to add the signature the same way we can add an attachment.

Why is this so difficult?
    02-07-2019 10:03 PM
    I wish someone could tell me (or Apple would finally make this a feature) how to add a signature for an individual email rather than this “all or nothing” stupid option we currently have.

50% of the time, I don’t want a signature, which makes it a pain to delete it. The other 50%, I want it included and I’m obviously not going to re-create it each time. Why not have the option with the long press or 3D Touch to add the signature the same way we can add an attachment.

Why is this so difficult?
    It would be a nice feature addition for sure.
    Let Apple know!
    Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

They do read the feedback.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-07-2019 11:11 PM