iPad pro WILL NOT ROTATE TO LANDSCAPE

Corryn Newlan

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
I hard reboot, try Orientation lock on and off restart it turn it off. But I can rarely get my iPad pro to go into landscape mode. It's so frustrating. I spend hours trying to fix it and cannot change it. I'm not new to apple or trying to troubleshoot things and I need to know if anyone else is having this problem?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

Have you tried a hard reset? If turning the iPad off and back on again didn't fix the problem, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button & Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of the buttons and sign in. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’ve actually noticed that mine gets stuck in the wrong orientation everyone so often on the latest iOS. Kind of annoying. iOS 11 is so buggy.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s either going to be a software problem or a hardware problem. Restoring your iPad to factory default settings will weed out a software issue (put your iPad in DFU and restore using iTunes). There is a physical sensor in your iPad that is used to detect orientation. If that’s damaged then your iPad requires service by a professional, preferably Apple itself or an authorized service center.
Apple’s official response on the matter:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204547

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to encounter this issue every now and then with my iPad Air 2. It would get stuck and wouldn’t rotate and only fix was to turn it off and on

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the latest software version (11.4) on both iPhone and iPad with no rotation issues.

I agree with the posts above. Do a factory reset but do not restore from backup. Set up as a new device. If rotation starts working continuously then it's possibly an app that's causing the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner