Honestly its almost comical at this point. When I see people defending iOS11 all I can do is roll my eyes. I'm one of Apple's biggest fans but there is just no defending how bad iOS 11 has been, and it isn't showing any signs of improvement.

Even with the latest update its still buggy, which is mind boggling to me. I also have an iPhone X and after updating to 11.2.5 my recent calls keeps freezing and I have to quit the app several times and reopen it before it will start working correctly. Even still when putting calendar entries in and typing in the location there is horrible lag while the phone tries desperately to find the location you are typing in. I've never been so disappointed in an OS as this one, and its honestly the very first time I've considered jumping ship because its so ridiculously bad.

This was my first year jumping off of the beta train. I’d been on the betas for the last couple years and had pushed through all the famous bugs with iOS and WatchOS. Not this year. I probably got to beta 3 before I wiped everything and started new. I even tried to hop back onto the betas twice with the last couple betas of 11.0 and it still messed up my music, so I went back to iOS 10 at least three times this summer. One of those times I had completely bricked an iPhone 7 Plus. Now I routinely nuke everything and put my contents back to try to get rid of ridiculous bugs on iOS 11. WatchOS Now Playing doesn’t always work, the Music App messes up daily and crashes a lot too. Basically everything music has something wrong with it and that’s what I use my devices for. And now they’re releasing HomePod soon, another music device that I already have little faith in. Ugh.

The bugs are indeed comical, but unfortunately iOS 11 has annoyed us so much that neither you or me are laughing anymore
    01-24-2018 09:26 PM
    This is a long standing issue for me. i previously had the 10” iPad with the previous keyboard. On all versions of the iOS i had this same problem. The keyboard would work and then just stop working. the only way get to it working was to reboot. Then i bought the iPad Pro 10.5 and the new smart keyboard. i had the same issue, before and after iOS 11. i went to the genius bar and had them replace my Smart Keyboard. i have the exact same issue. Nothing helps except rebooting the iPad. My assumption is that some sequence of apps or keystrokes, makes the keyboard disconnect. i have not been able to identify what i was doing when it stopped. i am suggesting this is a software issue that has existed over all recent versions of iOS. Now i am running the public beta 11.3. However the issue was the same before i started using the public beta
    02-06-2018 04:11 PM
    I thought I was the only one that didn’t like bug-ridden iOS 11. It is seriously the worst that I’ve ever used on my iPhone. I got an iPhone X and while I was trying to set it up with my previous apps, the App Store kept crashing. I didn’t even leave the Apple Store and was already finding bugs. My AirPods have been garbage since iOS 11. I got a new left AirPod and right AirPod provided by Apple after a Genius Bar appointment, and also got the new iPhone X and didn’t restore from a backup. SPECIFICALLY TO PREVENT BUGS. And a ton of bugs still exist, even on their best hardware, and my replacement AirPods are doing the same wrong things. iOS 11 is just sorry and I feel bad that it is giving you terrible bugs as well.
    What issues have you had with your AirPods?

This is a long standing issue for me. i previously had the 10” iPad with the previous keyboard. On all versions of the iOS i had this same problem. The keyboard would work and then just stop working. the only way get to it working was to reboot. Then i bought the iPad Pro 10.5 and the new smart keyboard. i had the same issue, before and after iOS 11. i went to the genius bar and had them replace my Smart Keyboard. i have the exact same issue. Nothing helps except rebooting the iPad. My assumption is that some sequence of apps or keystrokes, makes the keyboard disconnect. i have not been able to identify what i was doing when it stopped. i am suggesting this is a software issue that has existed over all recent versions of iOS. Now i am running the public beta 11.3. However the issue was the same before i started using the public beta
    I believe the issue with the keyboard is WiFi related. I get it when my iPad connects to work WiFi. It authenticates and then keyboard stops working. I have to disconnect and then go to lock screen and the reconnect. Then keyboard starts working again. Very annoying but better than having to reboot, which is what i used to to.
    02-08-2018 06:24 AM

I believe the issue with the keyboard is WiFi related. I get it when my iPad connects to work WiFi. It authenticates and then keyboard stops working. I have to disconnect and then go to lock screen and the reconnect. Then keyboard starts working again. Very annoying but better than having to reboot, which is what i used to to.
    It doesn't have anything to do with WiFi, its a software issue. Mine won't work even when not connected to WiFi until I reboot the device.

Its one of the dozens of issues with iOS 11 and there isn't an apparent fix for it. I'm thinking of trying a Logitech keyboard with a smart connector and seeing if the problem exists or if its just Apple related.
    02-12-2018 05:59 AM
    It doesn't have anything to do with WiFi, its a software issue. Mine won't work even when not connected to WiFi until I reboot the device.

Its one of the dozens of issues with iOS 11 and there isn't an apparent fix for it. I'm thinking of trying a Logitech keyboard with a smart connector and seeing if the problem exists or if its just Apple related.
    Mine is definitely WiFi related. A lot of folks in the Apple forums have reported the same thing. It needs to be addressed in the OS updates, but for some reason, it hasn’t been. Terribly frustrating.
    02-12-2018 06:39 AM
    While I agree that iOS 11 is the worst version Apple has pushed out in a very long time I’m not sure your problem is 100% software related. I have a 12.9” iPad Pro running iOS 11 with an Apple Smart Keyboard and I rarely have an issue with the keyboard not connecting. Whether or not I’m on WiFi doesn’t make a difference for me.
    Did Apple give you a new Smart Keyboard as well or just a new iPad?
    02-12-2018 07:02 AM
    The issue seems to have completely gone away with the latest 11.3 beta. Hopefully that's the end of it.
    02-24-2018 06:09 AM
    This is a known issue. I was at a local Apple store because my smart keyboard would occasionally stop working and the only way to fix it was to remove the keyboard to iPad connection and then reconnect again. I was told it was a known issue and that Apple has extended warranty on the smart keyboards to 3 years. They do not repair them so I left the store with a brand new smart keyboard and was incredibly happy as I almost always am with the customer service and support Apple provides. Unfortunately I noticed the same issues with the new one, it isn't all the time - it happens randomly but it is a pain when it does, especially if in the middle of working and typing something out. So, I ultimately returned it for refund and am using my bluetooth Apple keyboard which works flawlessly. Also, all the shortcuts work on it as well.
    03-13-2018 04:24 AM
    While I agree that iOS 11 is the worst version Apple has pushed out in a very long time I’m not sure your problem is 100% software related. I have a 12.9” iPad Pro running iOS 11 with an Apple Smart Keyboard and I rarely have an issue with the keyboard not connecting. Whether or not I’m on WiFi doesn’t make a difference for me.
    Did Apple give you a new Smart Keyboard as well or just a new iPad?
    Mine is most likely software related. It only happens on public networks requiring guest authentication. I have to toggle WiFi off, lock screen, toggle back on, lock screen and then it’s fine. Really dumb. My coworkers have reported the same thing .... as have others on Apple forums. I can’t believe they haven’t addressed it yet.

They’ve replaced the keyboard for me 2-3 times with same results.
    03-17-2018 08:31 AM
    The issues I’ve been having with my AirPods are most connection issues, basically everything. When using one, it will give the connection chime and no music will play from it. Using one or both, it will give the chime up to three times over the course of a couple minutes and I still have to manually pull out the phone, go to audio sources, and switch it to the AirPods. This will not always work, so I have to take out the AirPods and put both of them back in my ears, even if I just want to listen to one. The double tapping that I switched to Play/Pause will either change back to summoning Siri, or just not work at all. When I remove one from my ear in order to pause, it doesn’t always pause the music. Basically all of the advertising of “wireless” and “magical” described in their marketing, that’s not working for me. My Beats Solo 3 that I use with my iPad Pro works rock solid, so I know it’s not a W1 thing. No matter how many Genius Bar appointments I make, no one has been able to fix it, so they’ve basically stopped even trying to fix them for me since they’ve done everything and they don’t know what to do anymore. I’m not even worried about it anymore, though, since it keeps coming back after changing phones and complete resets of both the phone and AirPods. I’ll just wait for the next version of AirPods, and for now, stick to Beats.
    05-03-2018 08:49 PM
    Its still amazing to me that all these months later that Apple just lets this issue exist. I'm constantly lifting and re-attaching my iPad to the Smart Keyboard. Really embarrassing that they just ignore this. This is two seperate iPads and 3 different smart keyboards. If I could find a better solution I'd dump this dumpster fire of a keyboard in a second.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-27-2018 04:57 AM
36 12