Which iPad Pro is best for split screen?

Chan1966

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Aww man, why did u have to say that...lol...nope, I'm sticking with my choice of the10.5" lol can't wait to get it. HAve fun with yours, what color did you vet?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok I seriously need to check my typos...lol I thought about the rose gold briefly, but decided to go with the space grey.

Nice!
I’ve been using mine for a day, and Split Screen is definitely nicer on the 12.9” as it shows full iPad sized apps as compared to the iPhone sized apps on the 10.5”.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I know I’m late to the party, but I have had the first and second generation 12.9 inch iPad Pro devices, and I love love LOVE the 12.9. I’m not blind but I admire the screen size as I can see everything on it. I think it depends on what kind of work you do, but I DJ with a separate music controller, along with editing RAW photos with Affinity Photo, and the screen size is absolutely needed to hit all them buttons.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I know I’m late to the party, but I have had the first and second generation 12.9 inch iPad Pro devices, and I love love LOVE the 12.9. I’m not blind but I admire the screen size as I can see everything on it. I think it depends on what kind of work you do, but I DJ with a separate music controller, along with editing RAW photos with Affinity Photo, and the screen size is absolutely needed to hit all them buttons.

Was it worth the upgrade from gen 1 12.9” to gen 2 12.9”? I’m still on gen 1. Not really seriously considering the upgrade but thought I’d ask.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Was it worth the upgrade from gen 1 12.9” to gen 2 12.9”? I’m still on gen 1. Not really seriously considering the upgrade but thought I’d ask.

The speed bump is nice, but what I appreciate most is TrueTone and ProMotion.

If you have extra cash, it’s worth it.
Generally speaking, it’s not much of an upgrade IMO.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The speed bump is nice, but what I appreciate most is TrueTone and ProMotion.

If you have extra cash, it’s worth it.
Generally speaking, it’s not much of an upgrade IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. I️ don’t plan to upgrade this cycle. I️ wait longer with my ipads.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

So the refresh rate of the screen is superior. This, coupled with the A10X Fusion’s power, means that the moment I need to hit a button when DJing, there is no lag as I had experienced before. This is a game changer for those that need this kind of work. I love the TrueTone display, along with the Wide Color Gamut support, meaning I get accurate colors when photo editing as well. Also, a tidbit I discovered recently, it can play HDR videos from iTunes and Netflix (can’t confirm Amazon video but I think they support it as well). This is outstanding since in many professional opinions HDR is the bigger upgrade than 4K.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
If the rumors are true, the 2018 iPad Pro should be

Oh my goodness if they put in an Apple made GPU with an A11X Bionic, that alone is worthwhile of an upgrade. The 2017 iPad Pro already has a 12-core GPU by Imagination Technologies, and this year’s Apple designed GPU uses half the power as the Imagination GPU in iPhone devices. So either the battery life will be even better on next year’s iPad models with an Apple-designed GPU, or they use that extra energy from battery savings to power something else, like an even beefier CPU or a new technology. Now add in possibly porting features from other devices like Face ID and yes I believe you. Next year’s iPad will totally be a force to be reckoned with. MacBooks around the world tremble in fear of what comes next for iPad that is quickly encroaching on the MacBook’s territories. Unless Intel has a massive breakthrough soon, the future is looking brighter for iPad than it does the lower model MacBooks.

Chan1966

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I totally agree with evanking527, I purchased the IPP 10.5",and I loved it, but, I need more screen real estate. Returned it for the IPP
12.9" 2 nd gen.......OMG!!!! I looooove it! True tone, color gamut, large screen, etc. Honestly, it's very portable to me. It's perfect. I do u understand that some might not agree with my opinion on it being portable, but, that's just my opinion. It works for me.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh my goodness if they put in an Apple made GPU with an A11X Bionic, that alone is worthwhile of an upgrade. The 2017 iPad Pro already has a 12-core GPU by Imagination Technologies, and this year’s Apple designed GPU uses half the power as the Imagination GPU in iPhone devices. So either the battery life will be even better on next year’s iPad models with an Apple-designed GPU, or they use that extra energy from battery savings to power something else, like an even beefier CPU or a new technology. Now add in possibly porting features from other devices like Face ID and yes I believe you. Next year’s iPad will totally be a force to be reckoned with. MacBooks around the world tremble in fear of what comes next for iPad that is quickly encroaching on the MacBook’s territories. Unless Intel has a massive breakthrough soon, the future is looking brighter for iPad than it does the lower model MacBooks.

I totally agree with evanking527, I purchased the IPP 10.5",and I loved it, but, I need more screen real estate. Returned it for the IPP
12.9" 2 nd gen.......OMG!!!! I looooove it! True tone, color gamut, large screen, etc. Honestly, it's very portable to me. It's perfect. I do u understand that some might not agree with my opinion on it being portable, but, that's just my opinion. It works for me.

Stop making me want to spend more money!!

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Stop making me want to spend more money!!

It’s Apple not us

That Apple effect is getting to you, soon you’ll be minding your own business and suddenly wake up in the store looking at an iPad like how did I get here? Why is he coming out from the back with a new iPad smiling at me? Why is my wallet out and in my hand? NO APPLE NO!!!!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It’s Apple not us

That Apple effect is getting to you, soon you’ll be minding your own business and suddenly wake up in the store looking at an iPad like how did I get here? Why is he coming out from the back with a new iPad smiling at me? Why is my wallet out and in my hand? NO APPLE NO!!!!

Nah. I️ still blame you for pointing all this out to me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

AWESOME!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR