Which ipad pro and how much storage?

Chan1966

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
This will be my first ipad. I've always used android. I want to get an iPad pro to do the following:
Some drawing, some writing and notes, web surfing, light games (angry birds or word games),watching movies thru Amazon and PlayStation vue.
I will not be downloading movies or photos. But I will have books thru kindle books. I would like portability, but the 12.9" screen seems awesome to watch movies and do split screen apps. iv e seen so many reviews where some are not bothered by taking the 12.9 around and others prefer the 10.5" . Please help me, which one would be best? And how much storage do i really need to do these things? And would the 1st generation ipad pro 12.9 be good enough?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can’t tell you which one is best, but I will say that unless you prefer the size of the 10.5” model, I’d spring for the 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro.

Chan1966

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion. I was going to Best Buy and had concerns if I bought the 1st generation it would be almost 3 yrs old would that be a big deal? Would 128 TH be enough of could I get less?

Chan1966

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
128GB I am new to ipad, so I really appreciate all help. I've on!y had budget android tablets. I really like the 12.9 screen. Just had concerns about portability.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
This will be my first ipad. I've always used android. I want to get an iPad pro to do the following:
Some drawing, some writing and notes, web surfing, light games (angry birds or word games),watching movies thru Amazon and PlayStation vue.
I will not be downloading movies or photos. But I will have books thru kindle books. I would like portability, but the 12.9" screen seems awesome to watch movies and do split screen apps. iv e seen so many reviews where some are not bothered by taking the 12.9 around and others prefer the 10.5" . Please help me, which one would be best? And how much storage do i really need to do these things? And would the 1st generation ipad pro 12.9 be good enough?

Get the 10.5" Pro. It’s cheaper than the 12.9" one, has all of its features, and is not all that smaller as well. It will be a good first iPad for you.

Enjoy your new iPad!

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
+1

Get the 10.5" Pro with 128GB, that should be fine for your first iPad.

For the activities that you are mentioning (drawing, writing/notes, reading, web surfing, light games, video watching) an Air/Air2 would already be fine, except that it doesn't have the (new) pen, which may be quite useful for drawing and (hand)writing.

In terms of bringing it around, as well as holding it for a longer period (f.i. for reading, video watching) the size and weight of the smaller device will add to your comfort.

If you were doing drawing or photo editing on a (semi-)professional basis, it could be an argument to use for the larger screen (however, as mentioned before, with an impact on the comfort while doing the other activities).

Kindle text books are small files (roughly the size of a good quality photo). Based on the use that you described, the 128GB should be more than enough. Only if the iPad will be your single IT equipment (no iMac, Macbook, PC or others) and you will store all your files on the iPad, then I would go for 256GB and more.

Chan1966

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Awesome info! Thank you so very much for your help. It will be my only device so I think I will get the 10.5" with 256GB. I really do appreciate the advice given.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox