My mabook air from 2013 recently died and i am debating re-purchasing another, or giving the ipad pro a shot. I will be using it mostly for web browsing, viewing pdf files, and a bit of word processing (have one more course to complete for my masters degree). No coding, video editing etc. The main concern I have is that i've heard alot about not being able to view flash videos/ files on an ipad because of the mobile operating system. I watch a lot of television online using websites like putlocker, projectfreetv etc currently. I believe alot of these sites are flash driven (but i could be wrong?), will I still be able to use these types of sites to watch videos on the ipad pro, or do i need to go back to a macbook?
    08-25-2017 11:10 AM
    I use both an iPad Pro and a MacBook Air, and although I’m currently using my iPad Pro, if I had to give one of them up, it would be my iPad Pro. Not because it doesn’t suit my needs because it does, but I still prefer computing from a MacBook more than. I do from an iPad.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    08-25-2017 06:28 PM
    I would always recommend getting a MacBook and using it as a daily computer. If in the future you’d like a tablet, then the iPad will fill in the spot. I feel that I can do more with a computer than a tablet.
    08-25-2017 11:46 PM
    Here's an article that may help.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipa...-2017-3460979/

I'm not sure if you will be able to watch TV the way you want, but the other things should be fine on an iPad Pro. Best of luck with whichever you decide.
    08-26-2017 07:08 AM
    I have both as well. I use my iPad Pro a lot more than the MBP, but since it's not a total laptop replacement, I still hold on to my MBP. Streaming on the IPP is great and super easy. Your use cases may be a good fit for a move to the IPP.
    09-06-2017 10:35 AM
    I have been watching Direct TV Now on my iPad Pro a lot lately. I don't always want to watch what DH does. I do everything with my iPad Pro. Still have my MBP downstairs for when I want to be on the computer.
    09-14-2017 08:53 AM