Confused

daenallino

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
I do not know whether to buy an iPad pro or a Mac laptop?

I have a server in my home which allows me to access all my data and photos. I use a laptop now. I connect to my server using afp. I use it mostly with office, like word, excel and PowerPoint. I use Pages also.

I was wondering if the iPad pro would be enough for me to do all the above. And if it easy to connect to my server on the iPad like the laptop. I'm so confused.

Daenallino

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes you should be able to connect your iPad Pro to a server, but it depends on what kind of server it is, BUT yes it should be doable. Also Pages AND Office are both available (pages built in) on the iPad Pro. Pretty sure Office is free on iOS now. NOW personally I prefer a laptop, so I would get a Macbook or MBP, BUT I think you would be ok either way. :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my iPad Pro, and while it's getting closer, it's not a laptop replacement for me. The heavy lifting is done on my MacBook Pro.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
MS Office is free on iOS, EXCEPT for the iPad Pro. You need an Office subscription for anything with a screen larger than 9.7". So Both of the 2017 Pro models need to pay for Office. You can use Word and Excel to read docs, but you can't edit or create new stuff without paying.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
MS Office is free on iOS, EXCEPT for the iPad Pro. You need an Office subscription for anything with a screen larger than 9.7". So Both of the 2017 Pro models need to pay for Office. You can use Word and Excel to read docs, but you can't edit or create new stuff without paying.

I did not know this! Thanks for the info. :) On a side note, your 365 purchase CAN be installed on more than 1 device. I believe it's 5 devices now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner