Would you buy the extra cables for fast charging?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
29W USB-C Power Adapter – $49 (£39)

2-Meter USB-C to Lightning Cable – $35 (£35)
or
1-Meter USB-C to Lightning Cable – $25 (£25)

Total:
$74 or £64 for 1-Meter
$84 or £74 for 2-Meter

Ouch. For just one low price of $74 or $84, you can get fast charging. That might be why they never seem to put the price of the cables and chargers when advertising the fast charging capabilities of the iPads Pro.

Would you do that in order to get fast charging, or does your iPad get good enough battery?

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The included charger for the 12.9 iPad is adequate. Although, it's ridiculous Apple didn't include the necessary items to take advantage of fast charging. I would have paid the additional 100 dollars, at the time of purchase, for it to be included.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The included charger for the 12.9 iPad is adequate. Although, it's ridiculous Apple didn't include the necessary items to take advantage of fast charging. I would have paid the additional 100 dollars, at the time of purchase, for it to be included.

So if they put it as a build order when purchasing, to opt for fast chargers and cords, more people would have done that instead?

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So if they put it as a build order when purchasing, to opt for fast chargers and cords, more people would have done that instead?

No what I'm saying is, had the charger and cord been in the box from the factory and Apple priced the device 100 dollars more people (myself included) still would have purchased it. Instead, we purchase the device that IS fast charging capable but you have to buy the accessories separate in order to take advantage of it. That doesn't make sense to me.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Already people are complaining that the prices are too high. If you put what's needed in the box and jacked up the price or keep it like it is people are still going to gripe. In the end Apple is going to do what they want and we will still buy it.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Everything is relative. After spending as much as you did for the 12.9” iPad Pro in the first place, what’s another $74-$84? Add a Smart Keyboard and an Apple Pencil in there the added price is diluted even more.

I understand your argument though. It would have been nice to include fast charging accessories right in the box.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To answer the thread question, no I would not buy the extra cables for fast charging. I’ve yet to need my devices charged faster than they currently are, and especially since I typically charge them overnight.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Already people are complaining that the prices are too high. If you put what's needed in the box and jacked up the price or keep it like it is people are still going to gripe. In the end Apple is going to do what they want and we will still buy it.

True, I'm already selling my 2015 and trying to see the fastest way to get the new one...

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Ha. I'm thinking about getting the new one too. What storage are you going with?

I have 32 on my current iPad Pro, so 64 would be a big increase for me anyway. That way I can download my iCloud Photo library and possibly my iCloud Music library too onto device instead of streaming it like I do now.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I got the 128 with about 50 left. I'm thinking about the 256.

I can't find any iPads at my closest Apple stores in any color. It shows in-store pickup will be July 18th for any of the stores within a 150 mile radius of me. Only one Apple Store in Kansas City, Missouri, with one other in the entire state of Kansas, and the second closest ones being in Saint Louis on the entire other side of the state. Ugh, it's hard being an Apple fan in the Midwest...

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Try Best Buy. They had them for the middle of next week but now their app says not available for pickup. I was thinking about the 512 but that might be too much storage and money. I'm getting mine with At&t next. Storage wise I have 256 on my 7 plus plus 512 on my 15" rMBP with win 10 bootcamped and a seagate with a TB that's hasn't been opened yet.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Try Best Buy. They had them for the middle of next week but now their app says not available for pickup. I was thinking about the 512 but that might be too much storage and money. I'm getting mine with At&t next. Storage wise I have 256 on my 7 plus plus 512 on my 15" rMBP with win 10 bootcamped and a seagate with a TB that's hasn't been opened yet.

I just looked at the app now and with At&t the only one not available for June 30 is the 256gb one. This is the problem I've been having storage wise. My storage is not available so I go one up. I wanted 64 on the 6S plus and got 128 instead. Wanted 128 on the 7 plus and got 256 because mine weren't available.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just looked at the app now and with At&t the only one not available for June 30 is the 256gb one. This is the problem I've been having storage wise. My storage is not available so I go one up. I wanted 64 on the 6S plus and got 128 instead. Wanted 128 on the 7 plus and got 256 because mine weren't available.

Does the extra storage end up coming in handy? I couldn't even think of what I could get that would fill that much storage even on my iPhone with 128.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
No. It just sits there empty. At least on the iPhone. The iPad gets filled if I leave iTunes movies and shows on it. That's why I'm thinking 256 should be enough. I could just leave everything else in the cloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR