iPad Pro for University

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm going into my fourth year University in need of a new device for on the go. I'm currently using my MacBook Pro as a desktop because the display is damaged. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the iPad pro for note taking, or general University life. I'd be able to use the MacBook at home for larger heavier tasks, the iPad would mostly be for in class taking notes ot following along.
Thanks !

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm going into my fourth year University in need of a new device for on the go. I'm currently using my MacBook Pro as a desktop because the display is damaged. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the iPad pro for note taking, or general University life. I'd be able to use the MacBook at home for larger heavier tasks, the iPad would mostly be for in class taking notes ot following along.
Thanks !

I used my iPad Pro for note taking. It works wonderfully. I couldn't go iPad Pro only. But having the MacBook at home would be a great solution. I think it would work wonderfully for your uses. I'd also recommend getting a keyboard to go with the iPad Pro and also considering the Apple Pencil for an alternative note taking experience.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm well past university days, but I use my iPad Pro every single day to take notes at work and other meetings. Works great. I largely use OneNote and have been very happy with it. I also have an Apple Pencil that sits largely unused, but I do break it out for the occasional diagram and it has come in handy then. I think it would be a great not taking tool for you art school.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the iPad would be great for note taking as long as you have a keyboard to accompany it. Personally, I do not like using the pencil for any sort of note taking.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use my iPP for note taking with the Apple Pencil.

Notability is a fantastic note taking app

Notability is a great app. I used to use it but it (at least at the time) wasn't cross platform. Switched to OneNote and haven't looked back since.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods