How much do you all use the split screen feature on the iPad Pro?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how much you all use the split screen feature on the iPad Pro? I find myself using it multiple times a day, especially at work. So nice to be able to multitask. Love that I can resize the two sides as needed. I usually have OneNote and either email or messages app up. So nice.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I would. Say around 30-40% of the time. Most often used is the main panel with Youtube and Notes app on the right. I can then add notes from YouTube tips/reviews without exiting the app.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would. Say around 30-40% of the time. Most often used is the main panel with Youtube and Notes app on the right. I can then add notes from YouTube tips/reviews without exiting the app.

There's an app called PipTube that lets you play YouTube videos using PIP. I'd link to it but I'm on my iPhone so, of course, App Store is giving me grief. Nonetheless, I've found it to be incredibly convenient

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
To answer eyecrispy, I use split screen quite frequently. I just wish more apps would adopt it, like Tapatalk.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called PipTube that lets you play YouTube videos using PIP. I'd link to it but I'm on my iPhone so, of course, App Store is giving me grief. Nonetheless, I've found it to be incredibly convenient

I've had a better experience with CornerTube, but who knows with updates. PipTube may be better now...

CornerTube - PiP Player for YouTube by Tiny Whale Pte. Ltd.
https://appsto.re/us/6T79_.i

PipTube - PiP player for YouTube by Jesse Kuronen
https://appsto.re/us/fYFE_.i

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Wondering how much you all use the split screen feature on the iPad Pro? I find myself using it multiple times a day, especially at work. So nice to be able to multitask. Love that I can resize the two sides as needed. I usually have OneNote and either email or messages app up. So nice.

Gosh, I don't even know how you use it! Can you tell me what I have to do to use the split screen? Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I use it on occasion, but I'd probably use it more if I had the 12.9" iPad Pro instead of the 9.7" version.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for that...... However, for me I like YouTube to be at Full Screen so I can see plenty of detail whilst the Notes app is pulled in slightly to the right.
I can see your reasoning and if I did not mind YouTube to run in a small window it too would be my choice. :)