Is the Pencil worth it?

AppleJuiced

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Wow thanks everyone for your responses! It looks like I also got a Apple pen on Xmas day! Next thing I need is a case to hold my Mac Pro! Does anyone know any cool cases that can hold the tablet and the pen?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you need a case for the iPad Pro or the Mac Pro? If you need a good case for the 12.9" iPad Pro, I have a Targus case on mine. It's a little thick but the iPad stands up good. Also I think it's got very good protection if you drop it.

AppleJuiced

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Do you need a case for the iPad Pro or the Mac Pro? If you need a good case for the 12.9" iPad Pro, I have a Targus case on mine. It's a little thick but the iPad stands up good. Also I think it's got very good protection if you drop it.

I have a iPad Pro, do you have a pic of yours? Also, is there any alternative to charging the Apple Pen without it looking awkward? Having it hang on the bottom of my Tablet makes it look like a fan or a lollipop.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It comes with a little adapter. You pull off a cap on the top of the pencil and place the adapter there. Then you plug in the Lightning cable you use to charge your iPad.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Not at the moment. I have both iPad pros in space gray and 128gb. Only the small Pro has cellular since I got it on att next. If I keep the big one than I'm gonna switch the SIM cards so I can have the cellular on the big one.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
This kinda takes me back the iMate style devices we all used with a stylus..

I see no difference between then, and now with the iPad Pro, except there is no string attached to the pencil.. and it can do more.

But creativity is where what the pencil is designed for.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If you don't need it for drawing, then it's basically just a normal stylus. Not worth it if you don't draw much.

Totally and respectfully disagree. Normal styli suck so bad, in my experience, while the Pencil is a dream to write with. I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I like taking notes by hand on my iPad. I really prefer to type them (I type faster than I write), but I have noticed in meetings it can be distracting to others and I sometimes others have thought I was following up on emails or something rather than paying attention to the meeting. For me, the Pencil solved all of that and works 10x better than any other stylus I have tried. I want to be able to write normally like I would with pen and paper and the Pencil finally enabled me to do that without having to adjust my writing style whatsoever.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! I just got an iPad Pro for Christmas! I was wondering if the Apple Pen is worth getting? Does anyone know if It's applicable if I'm not an Artist?

I have the 9.7" Pro and the Apple Pencil. I love my Pencil and use it all the time for taking notes in meetings, brainstorming, sketching ideas, etc. I am not an artist, professional or otherwise. I do not use drawing apps or anything like that. But if you are someone who likes to be able to write instead of type, then you will absolutely love the Pencil. It works 10x better than any other stylus I have tried. If you don't care about writing or drawing, then there is really no reason to buy it. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for someone who wanted to "occasionally" write or draw.

PS- my favorite note taking/writing app with the Pencil is Goodnotes. It works much better for writing than Apple's stock Notes app.

GlowingBlue

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an aritist either, but found that my short time owning an Apple Pencil to be quite delightful.

When you Brainstorm, are you a pen & paper person? If so, I found the pencil useful writing down ideas that I normally use pen and paper. I do a lot of mind mapping and flow chart drafting, so notes & Apple Pencil replaced pen and paper for me.

Other than that I enjoy the colouring games and that's about all I did with the Pencil.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I am not an artist whatsoever. My stick people don't even look that great. However, I find my Apple Pencil to be extremely useful. My wife and I have pretty much totally converted to it instead of paper. For example, any shopping or to-do lists are written on the iPad with the Apple Pencil in our shared notes folder, which syncs with both of our iPhones. I also use it for all brainstorming and work planning. We remodeled our kitchen, and 100% of the drawings, measurements and plans were done on the iPad with the pencil. Again, me or my wife can just open the notes or drawings on our iPhone while at the store for reference. A lot of this can be done without the Apple Pencil, but it is SO much nicer and more convenient with it.

tl;dr You don't need to be an artist to find the Apple Pencil to be "worth it."

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
You can get it on websites at a decent price. I have found it elsewhere and it is authentic. Getting at a discount price is always good but it is important to make sure it isn't a fake.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For my needs, not worth it. I have one and will pull it out once in awhile to draw a diagram in my notes during a meeting, but it's rare. Then it goes back into its carrier and loses juice. For the price, I don't use it enough.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I had contemplated getting the pencil because I really liked the spen on my Samsung but I didn't use it all the time. I don't think it will suit my needs. If it had been included that might had made it more appealing.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
For the artists, as most here apparently aren't, is it awesome to use? I know it won't compare to a real Pencil on paper, but wanna know how much you like doing art with it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73