Any regrets buying the 12.9" iPad Pro?

rooz3d

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
It's the best iPad form factor. Great as an artist tablet. I prefer its large surface to draw and paint on. For browsing art books and tech magazines larger format gives a better presentation Experience . Also having larger text is easier for my aging eyes( over fifty). Better Speaker Sound is also a factor for our trips. It's on my must have trip list.
I use it with https://www.switcheasy.com/coverbuddy.php for use with Apple Pencil.

I would buy 15 inch or 17 inch iPad today, if it was available . My iPad Pro is two years old and I am now looking at Microsoft surface tablets, As they are targeting and considering needs of professional artist.

kingofkats

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
P.S. forgot to mention that my business is photography and you just can't beat it for a Pixelmator and Lightroom platform. Just wish Lightroom Mobile had better noise-reduction controls, but it's not the Pro's fault. Very snappy on all my photo apps.

Jeffrey Stevison

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm close on pulling the trigger but what do you think ? Total luxury niche piece ?
Can I justify this ?

Love love love my 12.9". As a musician the size of the screen is nearly a 1 to 1 relation to my printed music. I can carry my entire catalog in 1 convenient package that I can also see when sitting on my music stand.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Love love love my 12.9". As a musician the size of the screen is nearly a 1 to 1 relation to my printed music. I can carry my entire catalog in 1 convenient package that I can also see when sitting on my music stand.

I really need to look into using my iPad Pro for music ... esp with the foot pedal that was mentioned in a previous post.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Love it, love, love it! Absolutely zero regrets.

It has been serving me well for over 18 months and I barely use anything else; CSS & HTML coding, designs, and note-taking. iOS has by far the most impressive suite of pro apps that trump, in my world, anything that has been released for the Mac (with some notable exceptions). I cannot stress enough how well designed this device was.

I will be getting the gen. 2 later this year (probably around iOS 11 official release).

Thanks.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Hey,

I will be getting the gen. 2 later this year (probably around iOS 11 official release).

What’s the best way to sell the first gen? I went to my Apple Store and they said that the iPad Pro was not on their reuse and recycle program. I was wanting to sell it to them to upgrade to Gen. 2, but if they won’t take it, what’s the best way to get the most money out of my current one?

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

While I cannot vouch for anything, I talked to Apple the other day and they are, as their rep. informed, anticipating an update to the Reuse & Recycle program (he phrased it as "in the coming months"). Less than ideal, if you wish to trade in relatively soon. I know that iMore has published an article about other options. It's available here. Disclaimer: I am not endorsing anything that has been mentioned in the article as I have never used any of the aforementioned services - I am merely sharing it for information purposes.

Depending where you live you could look into the options. My personal preference would be Apple's own program as I feel more comfortable knowing Apple, or their certified 3-rd party handles the device according to their requirements. In my case, I've decided to wait, but your mileage can vary.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2