Thx. Waiting patiently for ipad to arrive. Backordered
    If you're going for a laptop experience I HIGHLY recommend the Apple Smart Keyboard. It isn't cheap but it's portable, easy to remove, and also acts as a cover. I picked up the keyboard and a cheap rear shell cover on Amazon and they work great together.
    02-04-2017 06:57 AM
    Verizin sold out on 12.9. I was originally yod March. Will have Wed. I purchased the logitech create case keyboard combo. I didnt like the Apple branded one
    02-06-2017 09:00 PM
    Verizin sold out on 12.9. I was originally yod March. Will have Wed. I purchased the logitech create case keyboard combo. I didnt like the Apple branded one
    I'd say that's a good decision. My biggest issue with the Apple Smart Keyboard is that the viewing angle isn't adjustable.
    02-06-2017 09:32 PM
    No regrets. I thought I might regret it initially but have adjusted to the size and love having the extra screen real estate. It it a tad heavier than I like but I adjusted to it. I, too, would recommend the Smart Keyboard. Great accessory!
    02-08-2017 12:36 PM
    Loving the logo create keyboard case. Types nicely. Love the back lighting. Never have to worry about charging it like I do with the logitech I have for my Samsung tablet. I highly recommend this keyboard/case
    02-22-2017 08:49 PM
    Loving the logo create keyboard case. Types nicely. Love the back lighting. Never have to worry about charging it like I do with the logitech I have for my Samsung tablet. I highly recommend this keyboard/case
    I'm guessing you mean the Logitech Create? I've never tried it but glad to hear that you approve. I'm a Smart Keyboard gal myself.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-22-2017 08:55 PM
    Yes but it is called on this one. Logi. Even on the keyboard. For short. LOL
    Logi create
    eyecrispy likes this.
    02-22-2017 08:57 PM
    Yes but it is called on this one. Logi. Even on the keyboard. For short. LOL
    Logi create
    Yeah I have a webcam that says "Logi" on it too. Weird.

If the Create could be easily removed (I often use my iPad simply as a tablet) I would have been sold on it. I especially liked the backlit keys.
    02-22-2017 09:40 PM
    Yeah I have a webcam that says "Logi" on it too. Weird.

If the Create could be easily removed (I often use my iPad simply as a tablet) I would have been sold on it. I especially liked the backlit keys.
    That's why I went with the Smart Keyboard. I like being able to switch back and forth between "laptop" and tablet mode.
    Rob Phillips and Quis89 like this.
    02-23-2017 06:14 AM
    That's why I went with the Smart Keyboard. I like being able to switch back and forth between "laptop" and tablet mode.
    Yep. I received the Create as a Christmas gift, used it for a week, and then returned it and went back to the Smart Keyboard. The Create has a "tablet mode" but you're essentially resting the exposed back of your iPad on the metal surface of the Create. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    02-23-2017 06:42 AM
    Use it everyday and love it. Prefer writing in Scrivener on it and it's also useful for quick tweaks to my apps and websites, a quick push to GitHub. Nice piece of kit to be sure.
    muchospanish and eyecrispy like this.
    02-24-2017 10:28 PM
    I had a 9.7 Pro that I purchased, then work kindly purchased me a 12.9. I never thought I'd need or really like the 12.9, I figured one would be better off just using a laptop at that point. Yet here I am at our holiday cabin typing this on the 12.9 iPad Pro, the device that I always reach for by default.\

I use my 9.7 Pro for coffee meeting notes and also on planes, this last point is important as the 12.9" is too large for most airlines to consider a handheld tablet so you can't use it during takeoff and landing phases, also it doesn't really fit on the table travy in ecconomy (just like a 13" laptop doesn't fit), so if you do fly quite a bit on short haul, the 9.7" might be a better choice.

Word of caution, and rightfully called out by the other posters, the 12.9 is now due an update. Whilst it is still a dam near perfect device, if you are the type that has latest and greatest technology needs (as I do) then it might be worth waiting.
    03-11-2017 09:47 PM
    I had a 9.7 Pro that I purchased, then work kindly purchased me a 12.9. I never thought I'd need or really like the 12.9, I figured one would be better off just using a laptop at that point. Yet here I am at our holiday cabin typing this on the 12.9 iPad Pro, the device that I always reach for by default.\

I use my 9.7 Pro for coffee meeting notes and also on planes, this last point is important as the 12.9" is too large for most airlines to consider a handheld tablet so you can't use it during takeoff and landing phases, also it doesn't really fit on the table travy in ecconomy (just like a 13" laptop doesn't fit), so if you do fly quite a bit on short haul, the 9.7" might be a better choice.

Word of caution, and rightfully called out by the other posters, the 12.9 is now due an update. Whilst it is still a dam near perfect device, if you are the type that has latest and greatest technology needs (as I do) then it might be worth waiting.
    I just used my 12.9" today on the airplane with no issues. My daughter had it set up on the table tray and it worked really well.
    03-11-2017 10:01 PM
    No regrets, I use mine daily. Daily note taking, as a desk calendar next to my PC, great for public speaking, at meetings for notes and following agendas. Love the split screen (and it's big enough to use). I would not hesitate to buy again, of course I do have an older iPad 4 for running errands, easier to carry.
    03-22-2017 04:14 PM
    No regrets, I use mine daily. Daily note taking, as a desk calendar next to my PC, great for public speaking, at meetings for notes and following agendas. Love the split screen (and it's big enough to use). I would not hesitate to buy again, of course I do have an older iPad 4 for running errands, easier to carry.
    You run errands with an ipad 4?
    03-22-2017 04:22 PM
    I work from a home office and when out on errands I need to stay connected. The iPad 4 is always with me, it has LTE cellular so I can take care of emails, faxing documents, etc. from anywhere. I do use the 12.9 Pro away from my home office regularly, but not for short errands.
    03-22-2017 04:32 PM
    Absolutely zero regrets purchasing the 12'9. It's practically replaced my laptop completely. I wouldn't hesitate buying another if needed.
    muchospanish likes this.
    03-24-2017 11:58 PM
    Absolutely zero regrets purchasing the 12'9. It's practically replaced my laptop completely. I wouldn't hesitate buying another if needed.
    Same here! My poor MacBook Pro doesn't get nearly as much love these days.
    muchospanish likes this.
    03-25-2017 06:58 AM
    No so for me. If I'm doing any "heavy lifting", I always go to my MBP. I am still largely using my iPad Pro for consumption and taking notes.
    03-26-2017 10:45 AM
    I use my iPad Pro more than any other device, more than my iPhone 7 Plus or my MacBook Pro.
    04-03-2017 12:51 PM
    I use my iPad Pro more than any other device, more than my iPhone 7 Plus or my MacBook Pro.
    It's my second most used device. Nothing beats out my 7 bc it's always with me.
    04-04-2017 05:55 AM
    I like a bigger screen too since it's great for note taking, drawing, which I love to do on the iPad. Considering 12.9 hasn't been updated for a while, I'll wait for the next rumoured 10.5" one! I heard Apple is gonna keep the same size as 9.7 just a thinner bezel and larger screen.
    04-09-2017 09:35 PM
    The 12.9" with little to no bezels would be PERFECT!
    05-10-2017 06:58 PM
    The 12.9" with little to no bezels would be PERFECT!
    Oh golly. That would be so nice! Not that I need to make a large purchase anytime soon.
    05-18-2017 12:19 PM
    Oh golly. That would be so nice! Not that I need to make a large purchase anytime soon.
    Same here! I'm patiently waiting and have been saving up for the next iPhone.
    eyecrispy and ladyc0524 like this.
    05-18-2017 05:08 PM
67 123