Buy or wait?

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting, simply because I want the inevitable P3 screen update. In the grand scheme of things that's pretty minor though. I think generally speaking, if you need a new device you should get one, unless it's like a month before update or something. It will probably be March at least before the update, so you've got a good 3rd of a year still.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Rumor has it that the next 12.9" iPad is going to have at least true tone and maybe a A10x processor. But don't quote me on this. I'm also waiting for the 2nd gen too.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have ipad air 2. Should I buy ipad pro 12.9 now or wait for next generation?plz help me.

If you need a new iPad because your current one is broken, then yes i would say go for it.
However.
If everything is still working fine, i would advise waiting for the upgraded model in March next year. You could get the 9.7" version. Thats got an awesome camera and the new P3 screen. That would be wort it in my opinion :)

BlackNightmare

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Me too, I'm waiting for the new version to be released. I need the device for my university studies, and I don't feel like buying an old hardware product, that has already been, partly, replaced by the smaller 9.7" version. I'm definitely waiting for a True Tone and wide colo gamut display, as well as a camera improvement

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I feel like the wait for the 2nd gen 12.9" is a bit of an unusual case. Usually I say don't wait; you never know what the new model will bring, and you could be using it now if you buy one. The weird thing is this time around we kind of do know what to expect, since the 9.7" has a ton of improvements that will certainly come next spring to its older sibling, alongside presumably an A10X processor.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
$150 to me is not much of a discount. I think it might be better to wait. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the big Pro since I have the small Pro & a 15" rMBP. Also I'm thinking about the 10.5 or 10.9" iPad that their talking about. If it's 10.9" than for me that might be better than the 12.9". Who knows. Just going to have to wait and see. But I'm still not counting Black Friday out or cyber Monday.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice