iOS on iPad Pro, I randomly lose the search box and have to restart the app..

TheJimM

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
In mail, along the top left you have your list of inbox email, but above that you can pull down to search, or select the icon to see your accounts or the edit button text.

Somehow when I come back to mail, it sometimes all goes away at the top except for just the list of emails.

Frustrating when your in a workflow session.

Is it possible to post a pic? I can't be the only one with this....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is possible to post a pic, but you may have to post a few meaningful posts before you're able to. Anyway, I've yet to experience on my iPad Pro what you've described. With that in mind, the fix may be as simple as resetting all settings. Still, I recommend you do a clean install of iOS 10.

TheJimM

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks couple things
Clean install means I have to reset all kinds of settings?

If I connect my iPad to iTunes on my Mac, it doesn't allow me to get to back up page,
It wants to restore from backup.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks couple things
Clean install means I have to reset all kinds of settings?

If I connect my iPad to iTunes on my Mac, it doesn't allow me to get to back up page,
It wants to restore from backup.

When I say clean install, I'm referring to putting the device in DFU mode and allowing iTunes to install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version your device can take. You can do both an iCloud and an iTunes backup prior to doing a clean install so that you can restore that backup when prompted during the setup process. Having said that, if you cannot pinpoint the problem, it's possible that you could be restoring the problem when you restore from a backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234