iPad Pro Top Accessories & Apple Pencil: Worth it or not?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've pretty much decided that I will getting my hands on an iPad Pro. I have a first generation iPad air currently along with my iPhone 6S+.

My main device is my MacBookPro (mid-2014). I have no intentions to replace my MBP for another year or two at least. That being said, I will be off to law school in the fall, and I have a feeling the Pro will be just what I need. Ill be able to basically set up my laptop as a docking station at my apartment and use the iPad for my notetaking, studying and scholastic needs. Ill definitely be picking up the smart keyboard and most likely a case.

That being said, for my needs : mainly school and media consumption, would current users recommend the Apple Pencil, or will it be wasted on me(except as a gimicky sorta thing)?

Also, for current users: what are your favorite accessories other than the keyboard and pencil?? Anything highly recommended?

Thanks!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would definitely recommend the Apple Pencil if you need to draw down equations, graphs, and so forth. The reason I got my Pro is so that it can replace notebook and pencil case. I use the Smart Keyboard when doing assignments, researching, or replying to this forum :p
The Apple Pencil is what I use when I take notes during lectures/tutorials.
The Silicone case by Apple is really great, it is a bit pricey but it blends right in with the Smart Keyboard.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely recommend the Apple Pencil if you need to draw down equations, graphs, and so forth. The reason I got my Pro is so that it can replace notebook and pencil case. I use the Smart Keyboard when doing assignments, researching, or replying to this forum :p
The Apple Pencil is what I use when I take notes during lectures/tutorials.
The Silicone case by Apple is really great, it is a bit pricey but it blends right in with the Smart Keyboard.

I don't see myself needing to draw graphs or taking handwritten notes, bur on second thought the pencil would probably be extremely useful for marking up PDFs of case files or powerpoints while I'm typing class notes in word with the split screen :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't see myself needing to draw graphs or taking handwritten notes, bur on second thought the pencil would probably be extremely useful for marking up PDFs of case files or powerpoints while I'm typing class notes in word with the split screen :)

Yep!

I'm sure you'll love both the Smart Keyboard and the Apple Pencil :)
Check out OneNote and Notability as well, great apps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the exception of the Apple Smart Keyboard and the Pencil, I do not have any accessories for my iPad Pro, but out of the two mentioned above, the Smart Keyboard is my favorite.

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the pencil and smart keyboard for my pro. I'm in a corporate finance role for work and use the pencil daily for taking notes at meetings and marking up Office documents and PDF's. The pencil and smart keyboard were definitely worth the money to me.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought i would use the pencil for notes and taking customer details in my home/office using one note, by the time you open the iPad then the App found it too slow, and then writing v text was a bit annoying when checking the notes on my 6S plus or even my iMac. So i sold it, guess i am old school prefer my pen and diary or typing in one note better viewing and editing.
If i could draw i may of kept it.
I didn't like the Apple keyboard either, for the money felt cheap and not enough functions.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought i would use the pencil for notes and taking customer details in my home/office using one note, by the time you open the iPad then the App found it too slow, and then writing v text was a bit annoying when checking the notes on my 6S plus or even my iMac. So i sold it, guess i am old school prefer my pen and diary or typing in one note better viewing and editing.
If i could draw i may of kept it.

What do you mean it was too slow?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2