Why is nearly all my downloaded music gone??

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how, but when I went to play some music stored on my iPad just now, I noticed that nearly EVERY single song I downloaded was gone!

In fact, the only one left was the damn U2 album that I really didn't care about. My other downloaded music was all gone. Nada. Zero. POOF!

Strangely, not even my purchased albums showed up. In fact, I had to go to the iTunes Store and redownload them, which takes a while because for some reason, Wi-Fi performance on my unit seems to have hit a wall.

I'm eager to know why nearly all of my downloaded music has disappeared. I really hope this isn't another one of Apple Music's shenenigans...

(If it helps, I am not subscribed to Apple Music and iTunes Match is disabled)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never subscribed to iTunes Match and I'm still unsure of what happens when you cancel. Some people state that if you do not maintain a backup of the music you uploaded and matched then you risk losing it all, even on the device, after you cancel. Again, I've never subscribed so I don't have any experience with it, but hopefully someone who does will reply soon.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've never subscribed to iTunes Match and I'm still unsure of what happens when you cancel. Some people state that if you do not maintain a backup of the music you uploaded and matched then you risk losing it all, even on the device, after you cancel. Again, I've never subscribed so I don't have any experience with it, but hopefully someone who does will reply soon.
Me neither. That's why I'm puzzled at what happened.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73