Just come home to find iPad bent again

bertb2008

May 11, 2016
Visit site
So this is my 2nd iPad pro in 5 months with the same fault bent my first one bent in 4 hours i went out and come back and seen it bent so i took it back to my retailer and there swapped it for me for a new one my 2nd iPad has bent again after keeping it in a case i dont know if its the case or its the heat everyone i have seen there say heat but like any other retailer there not at faulty all tho its my 2nd one so i have gone down the legal root and its working out so far i have also done a charge back with my bank so hopefully i mite get something done for the 2nd time

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Was it just sitting there and you found it bent or was it under any pressure at all? Mine hasn't had that issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your photo is too vague to show what type of device that is. The iPad Pro is a sturdy device, and I can't see it bending on its own, even inside a protective casing.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I've owned probably all of the iPads that have been released and never seen one bend. My 12.9 iPad Pro has a couple minor dings, iPad Mini 4 has the traditional slightly scuffed chamfered edge in places, 9.7 iPad Pro is basically perfect. Never seen a bend though. Any idea how it bent?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I find it really hard to believe that two separate iPads have mysteriously bent like that. No way.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not going to bend on its own, surprised the retailer took it back. Next time you get one, lay it on the table before you leave to make sure it's flat and be done.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Ha 2 iPad in succession magically bending with no human contact!! Very likely, you should get a big compensation payout for your inconvenience....

On a more serious not this seems like bull****

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So let me get this straight. You applied no pressure at all. You set it down, left, came back, and it was bent? And this has happened twice?
7359748486044e85c8674944f83e7b6e.jpg

Mickeylittle

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
My iPad Pro wasn't working consistently with the Apple Smart Keyboard so about a month ago I took both into an Apple Store and they discovered my iPad was bent pretty badly around the smart connector area. It was warped and all I can figure was heat as it has never been dropped. I had a skin on the back as well as the black hard plastic Smart Cover. I am trying to upload a couple of pictures that I took of it before getting a replacement as it was much worse looking that the OP's photo!
3830f39d00166b34c791014cb5a8d697.jpg
973878c8ed377005bab1b72e61ab40a6.jpg

Now if you look at the photos closely you'll see most of the warping is right around the 3 pin connectors. And when we spun the iPad over to the top it laid down flush so all the warping was just at the bottom of the iPad.

Last edited:

Sipho Mandle

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi my iPad has bent in the exact same way. I agree that it probably faced pressure, but I keep it in the Logitech Create Keyboard Case, and it should not bend so easily. Did Apple replace your iPad?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
What is the latest on this? I'm intrigued. I wonder if excess heat (in the kitchen or something), would cause an issue like this...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What is the latest on this? I'm intrigued. I wonder if excess heat (in the kitchen or something), would cause an issue like this...

I purchased my iPad Pro shortly after it was released, and it has NEVER been covered in a skin or a protective case and does not have a screen protector on it. Yet, it has yet to bend. I don't baby it and I have used it to the point of the device getting very warm to the touch. Until mine bends, I'm not going to be convinced that those devices bent on their own. Either the owner did it purposely, accidentally or indirectly while trying to protect t it via a skin or case. At least that's my opinion....

Last edited: