Why do I see this now?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I backed up my iPad Pro many times on this same computer. Just tonight I saw this weird writing.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1462851472.982683.jpg.

I did delete all the previous backups of this iPad. Then that did not work. So I decided to check back and saw all the deleted backups we're back on iTunes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why do I see thus now.

Are you restoring the iPad? If so, why? Was there a problem?
If the back up is corrupted, then don't use it. Set it up as new. Delete the corrupted back up, then back up a new one. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I backed up my iPad Pro many times on this same computer. Just tonight I saw this weird writing.View attachment 106434.

I did delete all the previous backups of this iPad. Then that did not work. So I decided to check back and saw all the deleted backups we're back on iTunes.

Were you trying to restore from a backup made with a 9.3.2 beta version of iOS to an installation of iOS 9.3.1? Anyway, corruption occurs on occasion.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Are you restoring the iPad? If so, why? Was there a problem?
If the back up is corrupted, then don't use it. Set it up as new. Delete the corrupted back up, then back up a new one. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

No just wanted to backup the iPad so I could have a newer backup.

If I set the iPad up as new will all the information on the iPad be deleted as well like passwords and purchased applications?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No just wanted to backup the iPad so I could have a newer backup.

If I set the iPad up as new will all the information on the iPad be deleted as well like passwords and purchased applications?

If all you were trying to do was an iTunes backup when you got the error, reboot your iPhone and computer and then try again. Also, create an iCloud backup from the device itself.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To answer your question about what you lose when you restore as new:
You don't lose paid apps. They remain in your purchased list. You do have to download all your apps again. If you don't have your photos on your computer or in cloud based apps like Box and Dropbox, you will lose those. You will lose messages. If you have widgets set up in the Notification Center, you'll have to set those back up. If your notes are on iCloud, you should not lose those. You won't lose Calendar events, Reminders, and bookmarks in Safari. Keychain will be safe. It's a PITA to do, but it sure helps sometimes.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
All fixed now. I contacted Apple today and spent a long time with the representatives fixing the problem. The conclusion was to find the folder where the backups are stored. If anyone else would like to know where the storage folder is here is the answer.

From the Apple person "Basically for Windows 10 all you have to do is search for %appdata% in the search bar and press enter, then go to Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backups to find the backups."

Only for Windows 10 though.

Once I deleted those backups I was able to back up the IPad Pro without any problems. Now backing up my iPad 4. Then I have my ipad ist generation, 4s and 4 to back up.

Sure am glad this iPad still has a warranty with Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods