Went in to the Apple store to get upgrade my wife's iPad Air a couple days ago. We played around with the new iPad Pro but just couldn't see a big enough difference to justify spending the money for the upgrade. Then, only because it was right next to it we played with the larger pro. The same one I have made fun of since it came out. After a few minutes we both ended up liking it. She only uses it for media consumption, watching movies, Netflix etc. Sooooooo, we walked out with not one, but TWO of them. I ended up getting one for myself too! Only had it for 3 days so far but I'm really enjoying it. Amazing how quickly I went from making fun of something to buying 2 of them.
    04-06-2016 07:03 AM
    Congrats on your new iPad Pro (The BIG one )....ENJOY
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-06-2016 07:37 AM
    It really is a great device. There are some things I'd like to see Apple implement but for the most part it has replaced my laptop. I haven't touched it since I got the Pro. I use my for personal (media consumption) as well as school.

Enjoy!
    gdgtmom and runner7395 like this.
    04-06-2016 09:22 AM
    You will like the 12.9 version.
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-06-2016 10:42 PM
    I guess size does matter???
    Spencerdl, gdgtmom and runner7395 like this.
    04-07-2016 03:31 AM
    Basically the same thing happened to me. I wanted the smaller iPad and my son convinced me to try the larger one. I am happy to say, my son was right.
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-07-2016 07:39 AM
    The 12.9" is a great device, for sure, but don't say there isn't an huge difference from an iPad Air to the new Pro 9.7", because it's just not true.

The iPad Pro 9.7" couldn't be a tremendous upgrade for an Air 2 owner, but it's night and day from the old Air....
    ladyc0524, gdgtmom and runner7395 like this.
    04-07-2016 06:38 PM
    I guess size does matter???
    That's what she said...
    Soapm likes this.
    04-07-2016 06:39 PM
    Went in to the Apple store to get upgrade my wife's iPad Air a couple days ago. We played around with the new iPad Pro but just couldn't see a big enough difference to justify spending the money for the upgrade. Then, only because it was right next to it we played with the larger pro. The same one I have made fun of since it came out. After a few minutes we both ended up liking it. She only uses it for media consumption, watching movies, Netflix etc. Sooooooo, we walked out with not one, but TWO of them. I ended up getting one for myself too! Only had it for 3 days so far but I'm really enjoying it. Amazing how quickly I went from making fun of something to buying 2 of them.
    I made fun of the original iPad when it first came out. Thought it looked sleek and sexy and all but didn't understand use cases for it. I remember taking a joke pic with it on my ear when I was testing one for work. Now I love my iPad and use it more than my MBP.
    gdgtmom and runner7395 like this.
    04-07-2016 06:40 PM
    Congratulations on getting your new iPad. Enjoy it...
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-07-2016 08:50 PM
    I made fun of the original iPad when it first came out. Thought it looked sleek and sexy and all but didn't understand use cases for it. I remember taking a joke pic with it on my ear when I was testing one for work. Now I love my iPad and use it more than my MBP.
    Yep. I always said: good product but not for me.
    Having played with it for a couple of hours I would say: great product but too expensive for me
    runner7395 and eyecrispy like this.
    04-08-2016 12:52 AM
    The 12.9" is a great device, for sure, but don't say there isn't an huge difference from an iPad Air to the new Pro 9.7", because it's just not true.

The iPad Pro 9.7" couldn't be a tremendous upgrade for an Air 2 owner, but it's night and day from the old Air....
    Really? the air 2 has terrible vibrating speakers, screen distortion and lots had bad light bleed so i would say it would be a good upgrade if you are after a 9'7". I had all those problems sold it and got the 12.9" and its the best iPad i have had, and i have had them all.
    04-08-2016 02:13 AM
    Go big or go home, right? Congrats on the new iPad Pro
    runner7395 and gdgtmom like this.
    04-08-2016 07:41 AM
    Really? the air 2 has terrible vibrating speakers, screen distortion and lots had bad light bleed so i would say it would be a good upgrade if you are after a 9'7". I had all those problems sold it and got the 12.9" and its the best iPad i have had, and i have had them all.
    I haven't seen any screen distortion or light bleeding on any Air 2 I used, so I still consider the iPad Air 2 as a great product (especially at a discounted price).
    The iPad Pro 12.9" is almost flawless, but it's a little too big for some users.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-08-2016 11:09 AM
    I haven't seen any screen distortion or light bleeding on any Air 2 I used, so I still consider the iPad Air 2 as a great product (especially at a discounted price).
    The iPad Pro 12.9" is almost flawless, but it's a little too big for some users.
    'Nuf said...
    MaxSmarties likes this.
    04-08-2016 12:41 PM
    Well i had 2 and they both had it, terrible vibrating speakers too, hardware wise worst iPad yet.
    04-08-2016 10:14 PM
    Congrats on the iPad Pro. Awesome device
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-08-2016 11:28 PM
    Congrats, enjoy.
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-08-2016 11:51 PM
    Well i had 2 and they both had it, terrible vibrating speakers too, hardware wise worst iPad yet.
    You just got two lemons then....

Speakers vibrate by nature, otherwise they couldn't work. You are just speaking about a light and thin rear case resonating. That's not a defect, since sound doesn't distort in any way.
    04-09-2016 02:20 AM
    Amazing how quickly I went from making fun of something to buying 2 of them.
    lol, I did the same.
    I wanted the pencil but not such a big tablet. I mean, who need sooo a big tablet? So I wait until the 9.7" came out.
    But when I search where to buy one, I found an offer for the 12.9 for mostly the same price. So, I went into a shop, already knowing that It will be to big, to heavy and now I have one.
    And what happened afterwards? When I now take my air, I am suprised how small it is, so small, to small...
    runner7395 and gdgtmom like this.
    04-09-2016 04:02 AM
    You just got two lemons then....

Speakers vibrate by nature, otherwise they couldn't work. You are just speaking about a light and thin rear case resonating. That's not a defect, since sound doesn't distort in any way.
    You're defence is a bit late it's been a know problem for 2 years lol.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6629452?tstart=0
    iPad - iPad Air 2 sound vibrating! | MacRumors Forums
    04-09-2016 05:29 AM
    , we walked out with not one, but TWO of them
    Congrats, if I were to get a new iPad, it will be the 12.9" variation. I think that has a bit more to offer. Also my kids and wife really want the larger one - happy wife, happy life
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-09-2016 06:20 AM
    And you quoted MacRumors forum as a source ? Lol...
    On that forums paid shills , trolls and haters could say anything to blame Apple....
    04-09-2016 07:35 AM
    The speakers on my iPad are fine. The factory problem with my iPad are the pre installed keyboard has very quiet keyboard clicks.
    04-09-2016 12:21 PM
    The speakers on my iPad are fine. The factory problem with my iPad are the pre installed keyboard has very quiet keyboard clicks.
    The on-screen keyboard? You should be able to adjust that with the volume buttons on the side. It will affect other sounds, though, and still won't really be that loud.
    04-09-2016 02:37 PM
32 12