Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

gdgtmom

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Traded out my iPad Pro 9.7 for a iPad Pro 12.9 yesterday. Happier with the screen size paired to the productivity of the pro, so far. Media consumption on the 12.9 is incredible. And yes the speakers on the pro 12.9 are louder and sound 100% better than the 9.7.

I had a 12.9 then switched tots the 9.7. Big mistake indeed. Now back with a brand new 12.9. Should have never thought it would be better..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I finally played with a 9.7 Pro. It felt like an Air 2 but just updated with newer spec. Meh.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
What do people who own the iPad Pro 9.7 inch think of the display, especially the wider colour gamut? Experience from testing (not necessarily of the iPad) suggest this is not always well liked by users.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It definitely does.. Although I wished the 12.9" Pro came with TruTone Display and a better front facing camera.

But when that baby iPad Pro feels slower with future major OS updates, I'd much rather had the big Pro with 4 GB's of RAM than a from facing camera that I never use or true tone display. I'll take performance.

mrmarquis9

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The only downside about the 12.9 inch iPad Pro is mainly repair costs for me. Anything that happens to it means $600 in repair costs (through apple) with that in mind I really would prefer a smaller one because I would want to feel a bit more safer when taking it out the house. But it's a beautiful device