Why is my wifi turning itself off on my iPad Pro?

I

iMore Question

why is my wi fi turning itself off on my i pad pro?

I keep losing my wi-fi connection but it is not the touter or service since all my other devices are OK when I check the settings Wi-fi has turned itself off

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my wi fi turning itself off on my i pad pro?

I don't know, and I've never experienced anything like that via any of my iPhones. If it were me, I'd restore the device and set it up as new.

Andyf847

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just bought an ipp on Monday and it was working fine, then I had same problem with losing wifi connection. I spent three hours trying everything online that it says to do if this happens. Reboot, forget network, turn off network services, and finally 3 resets to factory condition. Even through iTunes. So I'm returning for an exchange of another one, it's only two days Old. I had an ipp about a month and half ago that I returned after 12 days because I wasn't sure I wanted it. That ipp didn't have this problem. That was a 128gb space gray wifi. This new one with wifi problem is same tablet only in silver this time.
I was getting very slow downloads with apps and Internet i just get spinning circle and blue line stopped at about 1/3 the way through website download. Not acceptable with the price of this device. Hoping just a bad unit.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like hardware issue. Apple will take care of you.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I agree with the above, I have never seen this issue and would recommend taking it to your local Apple Store. Sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in getting back, I had trouble logging back in to the site here. I did return the IPP with the WiFi problems and exchanged it at Best Buy for another of the same. New one No Problems. I could tell at the startup, because even at the startup when returning to factory settings, the previous IPP would get hung up on certain parts taking extremely long. So the new one is working good and no complaints. It probably just was a bad unit. It happens.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

True, with all the zillions that have been made there is no way a certain percentage will have some sort of problem.

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I actually went back to Best Buy to have them install a Zagg Tempered glass screen protector on mine and the same guy was there that I showed it too for the exchange. He remembered me and I asked if they found the problem. He said they kept it a few days and on the second day they had it, it started doing the same with them. So they sent it in, he said must have been something wrong with the device. I'm happy with the exchange, the new one working fine for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox