Do you use screen protector for the iPad Pro?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My experience has been the complete opposite. I have used Zagg in the past and find this very comparable and not cheap feeling. In fact, I found the packaging and instructions better than the past Zagg protector/s I have used.

I don't like screen protectors either, but when I plan on using an object to repeatedly "scrape" the screen I usually apply one just to be safe. My Apple Pencil was occasionally getting caught up in the oil left from my hand when I didn't have the screen protector on it. I am having the opposite result as you. I find significantly less fingerprints and oils now and no Apple Pencil recognition or lagging issues.

I did go with this screen protector because of the cheaper price; just in case it ended up being garbage or caused an issue with the Apple Pencil. However, I have been completely satisfied with it; especially for the price of it.

a9a21666f867c192c655b4b05189c365.jpg

Look at the carefully. When I get light shining down above on my iPad like I do in this pic, I get an oil streaking look from the Spigen Glass. And it its finger print. This is what my complaint is about.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I installed a tech armor protector tonight. Nearly impossible to install without getting a speck of lint under it bc the screen is so dang big. It looks nice. Liking it so far.

You may already know this but one key to getting a lint free install is to go into a bathroom and run the hot shower so as to really, really, really steam up the room. That'll drop any airborne dust to the floor so you can get a dust-free install. Works for me every time.

Cheers!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You may already know this but one key to getting a lint free install is to go into a bathroom and run the hot shower so as to really, really, really steam up the room. That'll drop any airborne dust to the floor so you can get a dust-free install. Works for me every time.

Cheers!

Yea, I know that. And I should've been more patient ... But alas, I was not. I went into the bathroom but didn't wait long enough for it to get steamy. My own fault.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yea, I know that. And I should've been more patient ... But alas, I was not. I went into the bathroom but didn't wait long enough for it to get steamy. My own fault.

Well, look at like this...now your iPad has that extra bit of personality.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I do.

I used a tempered glass screen protector (forgot the manufacturer).

No gimping here. Nearly $1000 tablet and I want it to last.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I tried the Spigen glass for 5 days but peeled it off tonight. It affected the responsiveness of the touch screen. Now that it's off, it's so much better. I do have AC+ so I have no need to stress about scratching it and I never scratched my Air 2 which had no screen protector on it. Shipping the Spigen back to Amazon on Monday. Just my thoughts.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I use a tempered glass screen protector I got from Verizon.
Anyone know if it will affect Apple Pencil?

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I haven't been using a screen protector, but am tempted to get one. I have SO MANY fingerprints on my screen, but unsure which one I should go and get and if I should get one at all. I don't plan on getting the apple pencil at least not any time soon.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I haven't been using a screen protector, but am tempted to get one. I have SO MANY fingerprints on my screen, but unsure which one I should go and get and if I should get one at all. I don't plan on getting the apple pencil at least not any time soon.

I'm a huge fan of protective gear when it comes to portable electronics. I love tempered glass screen protectors. I have the Zagg on my iPP and am really happy with it but it doesn't do much to hide finger prints.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of protective gear when it comes to portable electronics. I love tempered glass screen protectors. I have the Zagg on my iPP and am really happy with it but it doesn't do much to hide finger prints.

Fingerprints are the least of my worries. A cracked display is even more worrying, especially on a near-$1000 tablet.

(Yes, the Pro starts at $799, but a usable model is $949, since 32GB is too small)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Fingerprints are the least of my worries. A cracked display is even more worrying, especially on a near-$1000 tablet.

(Yes, the Pro starts at $799, but a usable model is $949, since 32GB is too small)

32GB might be more than enough for someone who relies heavily on the cloud. I'm not one of those folks though so 128GB for me.

Monim Al

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I am using screen protector mainly for two reasons.
1. To keep my eye safe from harmful blue light.
2. To prevent scratch.
When I choose a screen protector, I try to go for the screen protector which also protect from harmful blue light.
I am currently using "OcuShield" screen protector.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I am not currently using a screen protector on my pro. I purchased AppleCare+, so I am not sure that I will be purchasing one. I am loving the responsiveness of the screen without the protector.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never really been a fan of the screen protectors. I am going to keep mine naked. I did however purchase the silicon Smart Cover to protect the back of my device and it matches the smart keyboard perfectly. I kind of wish Apple would make these covers for their MacBooks as it adds some nice grip and a tiny bit of protection.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have never really been a fan of the screen protectors. I am going to keep mine naked. I did however purchase the silicon Smart Cover to protect the back of my device and it matches the smart keyboard perfectly. I kind of wish Apple would make these covers for their MacBooks as it adds some nice grip and a tiny bit of protection.

Doesn't Speck make a cover for the MacBook like they do for the Air and Pro? I love their covers.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Even if you're not afraid of scratches, screen protectors keep the factory oleophobic coating intact, which helps when you want to try and resell the tablet. Knowing that I can just slap on another screen protector when the current one's oleophobic coating has worn off is one of the biggest reasons I use screen protectors.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
No screen protector for me. I have the Smart keyboard that has a soft micro fibre coating to protect the screen when I am not using my Pro and simply like the feeling of the glass versus a protector. I baby my technology and also have Applecare+

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Even if you're not afraid of scratches, screen protectors keep the factory oleophobic coating intact, which helps when you want to try and resell the tablet. Knowing that I can just slap on another screen protector when the current one's oleophobic coating has worn off is one of the biggest reasons I use screen protectors.

I can't remember the last time I sold an idevice and somebody asked me if the oleophobic coating was intact. Actually never.